Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
start off in 2nd if you dont have sufficent power you can start off in 1st but only if your really good can shift to 2nd quick and go for it. and it also helps if you have a line loc

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
just launch it hard is second or you will slip the **** out of your clutch, like dont be scared to rev and dump it

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
yes if do not have a line lock. when you hold the brake, you are putting a lot of stress on the trans because the rear brakes are engaged also. that is another reason the forks break in these transmissions too.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
anywhre over 3500, where your torque is, and yes but dont stomp on them, you just need to stop the front tires from rolling, if you hit them too hard it was engage the rear brakes as well and glaze the hell out ofyour pads

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
even easing the breaks with put the rears on slightly. line loc FTW!

·
Registered
400 Posts
really? you guys do burn outs in second??? I have always done it in first. whats the point in doing it in second? just so they spin faster at a lower rpm?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
so it doesnt bang off the rev limiter... and they heat up better

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
really? you guys do burn outs in second??? I have always done it in first. whats the point in doing it in second? just so they spin faster at a lower rpm?
just as easy and yes to get them turning faster. it would take all day for me to heat my slicks in first.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts