Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have the money at the moment, but I was just curious how I could get my 2010 mustang V6 to respond quicker when I push the pedal. Right now it takes a second or so to tell the engine, hey get your ass going, and I want it to be quicker. Thnx :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
A dyno tuned SCT handheld would be ideal when some minor mods have been added such as a free flowing exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Underdrive Pulleys ect. but with your car being stock it would be perfectly fine to purchase your SCT tuner from VMP Tuning or American Muscle. Congratulations on the sweet ride.
You will like the tuner a lot but will sh** your pants when you put in the 4.10 gears. They are both a must have when owning a V6 Mustang. The tuner will give you much better fuel mileage with the 87 tune and the 93octane tunes will get you moving in a hurry.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
I only mentioned the SCT X3 since you are low on cash. As mentioned above there are several other ways to gain power, but the SCT w/ Bama will be the most for the buck.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Definitely a good set of custom tunes will be the way to go. Bama Custom Tuning from AmericanMuscle.com, as mentioned above, will give you exactly what you're looking for. Throttle response, horsepower/torque, gas mileage and better driveability all the way around. I would recommend a CAI/Tuner combo kit. Personally, the JLT Intake and Bama X3 is the way to go... here are a few options:

Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle

Let me know if you have absolutely any questions whatsoever. You can also call the Bama Custom Tuning team directly at 888.226.9764 Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST. They'll hook you up!

The average gains from 93 octane on a CAI/Tuner combo kit are 30RWHP and 30RWTQ!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tuner will definitely do the trick. I just installed the JLT intake and SCT tuner on Saturday and noticed a huge difference in the throttle response. There is basically no lag from the time I punch the pedal and when the vehicle gets going. Definitely a great mod!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah CAI tuner combo would be the best.... headups though... when you order or if you order from AM and if you order the JLT CAI combo make sure they send you the right one... AM sent me the heat shield from an 05-09 which is the only difference from the 10..... chatted with customer service... long story short i had to buy a new heat shield directly from JLT $30... asked AM if they could comp. it for me... they said no... Chris Rose was supposedly going to send me a G.C. for the amount... haven't received jack... before this transaction i had purchased close to $3k worth of merchandise for my car and they couldn't comp me for $30 for what i believe was a mistake while they were punching in the order... FAIL!!!

:rockon

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
yeah CAI tuner combo would be the best.... headups though... when you order or if you order from AM and if you order the JLT CAI combo make sure they send you the right one... AM sent me the heat shield from an 05-09 which is the only difference from the 10..... chatted with customer service... long story short i had to buy a new heat shield directly from JLT $30... asked AM if they could comp. it for me... they said no... Chris Rose was supposedly going to send me a G.C. for the amount... haven't received jack... before this transaction i had purchased close to $3k worth of merchandise for my car and they couldn't comp me for $30 for what i believe was a mistake while they were punching in the order... FAIL!!!

Send a PM to AMChrisRose; he should get the matter sorted out.

The only issue that I can see on their end, is that they cannot just **** out a heat shield. They do not stock them individually, so they would have to get JLT to send one.

This happened on a 2011.

I'm not taking sides.

Gl

·
Registered
597 Posts
+1 on the JLT & SCT Tuner from AM

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it looks like a tune is the way to go. Too bad I probably have to wait until I am out of college for that one. (Im going out of state)

·
Premium Member
779 Posts

All you have to do is shoot me over the order number and I'll do that for you. I remember telling you we'd do this for you, but I don't remember getting an order number? It might have just fallen through the cracks on my end. Either way, PM me over your order number that you had the problems with and I'll get it taken care of!

Just a heads up, we don't handle the products, so it must have been packaged with the wrong heatshield from JLT. I'm just shooting you out a gift certificate, because we should have been more helpful and I like going out of our way for our customers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
All you have to do is shoot me over the order number and I'll do that for you. I remember telling you we'd do this for you, but I don't remember getting an order number? It might have just fallen through the cracks on my end. Either way, PM me over your order number that you had the problems with and I'll get it taken care of!

Just a heads up, we don't handle the products, so it must have been packaged with the wrong heatshield from JLT. I'm just shooting you out a gift certificate, because we should have been more helpful and I like going out of our way for our customers.
^^Customer Service ftw.

When I get my taxes back, I'm gonna use that money and my next check to buy the CAI and Tuner combo :D first performance mod = happiness

·
Registered
45 Posts
Definitely a good set of custom tunes will be the way to go. Bama Custom Tuning from AmericanMuscle.com, as mentioned above, will give you exactly what you're looking for. Throttle response, horsepower/torque, gas mileage and better driveability all the way around. I would recommend a CAI/Tuner combo kit. Personally, the JLT Intake and Bama X3 is the way to go... here are a few options:

Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle

Let me know if you have absolutely any questions whatsoever. You can also call the Bama Custom Tuning team directly at 888.226.9764 Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST. They'll hook you up!

The average gains from 93 octane on a CAI/Tuner combo kit are 30RWHP and 30RWTQ!
I just ordered my tuner last week and I'll be receiving it on Monday! But I have a question for you if you can please help me. I plan on getting the JLT CAI in a couple of months and my question is, is it CARB exempt? I live in California and it would be an issue if it wasn't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts