Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm runnin MT drag radials and stock gears and my launch rev limiter is set to 3000rpms.
I dump the clutch and it hooks w no wheel spin but it run a constant 2.0 sec
I'm bout to install 3.90's will that bring it down to around 1.7 hopefully??

·
Punching Throats
1,246 Posts
haha my 60 ft was a 1.63 awhile back but i left on the 2nd yellow light instead of the green light???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always leave on the yellow too.lol But the time doesnt start till u roll past the line anyways so even if u redlight the times will still be the same. What gears did u run?

·
Punching Throats
1,246 Posts
In my camaro i had 3.55's or 3.56's whichever came stock I dont remember. Ran longtubes into true duals dumped before the rear axel and first time ever to a drag strip was the 1.63 and i ran a 13 flat at 111mph. Idk honestly i thought the light thing made a difference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No its just for racing

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
You need to step up your rpm's closer to the red line or get more power. I go to the track friday and im holding 5000 rpm's and side steping my clutch.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I typically launch at 5500rpms, but this past weekend, because of my rear end noise, I was only launching at 3800rpms, and my 60ft times were only 1.82's.

Get those tires hot and sticky, throw the rpms up to around 4500 and let it eat once. Then see how it hooks and adjust from there. If you don't blow the tires off of it, go up a couple hundred more RPM. Repeat until you get a few nice loud chirps and just take off.

When you leave has no bearing on your 60ft times.

·
Registered
345 Posts
+1 I did exactly what Bullitt said and I pull good 60s on my Hoosier drag radials

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
As everyone else has said, you need more RPMs to get your 60' down. Your gears will definitely help as well. What size are your DRs?

I launch at 4800 on 26x9x15 Hoosier slicks and my best 60' to date is a 1.75. HOWEVER, I would not launch higher than 4,000 RPMs on the stock rear end if you want it to stay in one piece very long (especially running DRs as opposed to a bias-ply tire). DRs shock your drive train much harder than a tire with a soft sidewall.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
265/40 theyre alittle small

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Well the smaller tire will be like increasing your gearing so that might help also. But you already run them with stock gearing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well im not goin to the track till i put the gears in so ill see how they launch at 3000 but if its still not enough ill try closer to 3500-4000 i dont wanna go any higher on the stock drivetrain

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Negative...Completely stock

·
Cone Killer
928 Posts
I would recommend a good set of rear lower control arms (RLCA's) to help locate the rear axle and reduce wheel hop. I'm into the twisties more than drag though so I'll let someone else chime in for what brand to go with. There are tons of threads out there about RLCA's also.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ight ill check em out

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Dude better suspension is key to 60'! I pulled a 1.83 or so on my first time on DRs and bogged off the line. Haven't gone back yet.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You need to get rid of the 3000rpm limiter and rev it higher. I launched mine at 5500 on bfg drag radials and got a 1.77.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do u dump the clutch at that high rpms?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I don't sidestep the clutch at 5500, that's an easy way to rip the stock input shaft out of the transmission on sticky tires, but I do ride it out pretty quickly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts