Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I know there's a way to take your grille out without taking your bumper off I'm just not sure how to do it. Can anyone explain to me how to do this or even some instructions with pictures perhaps? Thank you for any help

it is a 2010 GT

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Remove the radiator cover and pull. Start on one side and work your way over. No need to pull the bumper. I've swapped my grille several times that way.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention I have a 2010 GT can I still use your method with my body style? I'm going to plastidip my grille cause its fading a little bit. I was even thinking of just masking the area off very well.

·
Tig3rb8
1,355 Posts
^^ like he said radiator cover then theres 2 taps on each side upper and lower next to the headlights behind each side of the grill surrounding ,...be careful cause they are plastic .....theres a few screws that mount to the surrounding at the bottom to the bumper in front of radiator ...youll see it once radiator cover is off ..and I have a 10 too so yes his method works

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
I have an '09 but it was a bitch to get it out the first time. Those little virgin tabs loosen up a little once you get the grille off for the first time.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
If you can reach the tabs, you can push on them with a screw driver or small pry bar.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i take the cover with the 6 tabs off first, use a small screwdriver and look for the plastic tabs on the side of the front grill (2 on each side... one on top, one on bottom). Then you'll see 4 of the same tabs on the bottom. Press the tabs in on the outer ones first, then do the 2 middle ones. Sometimes it helps to cover up a flathead screwdriver with a cloth or towel and wedge it between the grill and top of front bumper to try and loosen the inner tabs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I always use painter's tape on the top of the bumper because when the bottom tabs release the grille has a tendency to pop out. If this is your first time taking out the grille, you could be surprised and might scratch the paint.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Make sure you're somewhere warm too. I pulled mine off when it was cold and I snapped all the dam tabs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts