Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
u put it in ur gas tank oil and brake booster or vacumline is that the samething?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrighty thanks dude i just did it earlier and it was sweet but i think i have a prob i just had dual exhaust put on and i video taped the seafoam and it was mostleycoming out of the driver side pipe im guessing i have an exhaust leack on the pass side??

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
the first time, I put it through my pcv line i think its called...just let it vacuume it up slowly a bit at a time. I think I put about half a bottle in there...and then emptied the rest into my gas tank. I let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Started it up, revved the hell out of it and no smoke. but i did notice an improvement in how it runs afterwards.

The second time, I put i think about half of a can again into my oil, and emptied the rest into the gas tank. again no smoke, but i don't think there is supposed to be when you put it through the crank.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Murderjetz said:
the first time, I put it through my pcv line i think its called...just let it vacuume it up slowly a bit at a time. I think I put about half a bottle in there...and then emptied the rest into my gas tank. I let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Started it up, revved the hell out of it and no smoke. but i did notice an improvement in how it runs afterwards.

The second time, I put i think about half of a can again into my oil, and emptied the rest into the gas tank. again no smoke, but i don't think there is supposed to be when you put it through the crank.
You answered it yourself. Putting it into the crank will only clean the insides out. I would recommended changing your oil now that you've dont that. As far as not smoking at all your car didnt really need it then. And running it through the vacuum line was correct. Next time you dont really have to rev the hell out of it. Just keep your engine running and cycle through your rpms gradually.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
yeah I had changed my oil about 100 miles after i had put it into the crank.

but I can't imagine it not needing it though, I've owned the car for one and a half years and I had never done it before, I don't know if it had ever been done to it before that, it may have, but either way, I would think there would be SOME kind of build up in there to clean out after one and a half years. Plus I drive a lot, i've put on like 80,000 KM on it over that time. mostly highway though...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
When I ran seafoam the first time I hardly noticed any smoke too. So I decided to run it through again like a week later. The second time I noticed a little bit of smoke but nothing like you see in the you tube videos. I think it smoked for 10 sec. With 80k miles on it I guess my car was fairly clean internally too. I usually run injector cleaner every 6 months and I have been using full synthetic motor oil since getting the car brand new so that helps a lot. Locally I get my gas from quik trip which advertises that it is specially formulated to clean the vehicles as they are driven so that helps too.

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
I did mine today. No smoke at all. I hope I did it right. I use 95% BP gas which is pretty good quality. I use Gumout quite often too. 55,000 miles.

I was hoping for smoke to pinpoint an exhaust leak

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
ja002gl said:
I did mine today. No smoke at all. I hope I did it right. I use 95% BP gas which is pretty good quality. I use Gumout quite often too. 55,000 miles.

I was hoping for smoke to pinpoint an exhaust leak
As long as you run it into the vacuum line or even into the throttle body you did it right. The common prob. ppl forget is letting the seafoam to work its magic. You can always try again and let it sit longer before you start it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts