Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling out of my parking spot in front of my apartment, and i heard this knocking noise coming from the truck area of the car. So i stopped and looked to see if something was moving around in the trunk and nothing. keep hearing the noise, so i stop about 100 yards later, and get under the car to find the driver side of the sway bar snapped right behind the mount location to the lower control arm. Its less than a year old and Steeda isnt open until Monday, FML.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i'd definately call them and see about a replacement. shouldn't happen.

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'd definately call them and see about a replacement. shouldn't happen.
yeah they're not open until Monday morning. their number was the 1st thing i looked up before i even took it off the car.

WOW! what were you doing when this happened? Please tell me it was something good like " I was taking an on ramp at 75mph"
unfortunately i cant say i was doing anything even half way exciting. literally lacked out of the parking lot on a flat surface and drove 150 yards or so. have no idea how it broke. we dont have any hills, curved roads what so ever, and the closest cloverleaf is 20miles away. thank god i dont live here permanently.

Just weld it up and slap it back on!:eek:
that crossed my mind, but its just a weak point in the sway bar now. ill call Steeda and get a replacement asap. their products should withstand more than the rare beatings i put on my car.

Why you gotta be so mean to sway bars? :(
i had to take my anger out on something:sorry

Why do you v6 guys gotta break everything?
its from all that raw power we make:D

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe your just the unlucky mug that got the ONE bad bar in the batch... but you already said it yourself. give em a call see whats up
ive always though about that. how unlucky am i to get the 1 defected part out of the stack of them in the warehouse. FML

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Call them up and let them know that your sway bar broke. Ask them if it "may" have been from frame flex or something. When they try and not replace the part simply say.. I own a stock v6. I doubt I flex hard enough to break a "Steeda" part. Or is the quality of Steeda that bad? I betcha get a new one quick :D

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Call them up and let them know that your sway bar broke. Ask them if it "may" have been from frame flex or something. When they try and not replace the part simply say.. I own a stock v6. I doubt I flex hard enough to break a "Steeda" part. Or is the quality of Steeda that bad? I betcha get a new one quick :D
haha thats the plan. i wont even mention what kind of car i have. i hardly have any suspension done to the car to flex that much to break it. clearly a defect. if they try to screw me, ill have Steeda gift cards for all my ford friends haha. i can be an asshole if needed, but i doubt they give me a hard time at all.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I had front bar break on AX and was a Griggs bar.... sheet happens :yes

It had a bad weld along the bottom and just tore away while on the course. I brought it to Griggs and was given a new one under warranty.

Jazzer :)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
haha thats the plan. i wont even mention what kind of car i have. i hardly have any suspension done to the car to flex that much to break it. clearly a defect. if they try to screw me, ill have Steeda gift cards for all my ford friends haha. i can be an asshole if needed, but i doubt they give me a hard time at all.

Ironically, if you have no suspension mods, you are probably MORE likely to break a bar via excessive body roll. Having a V6 will have no bearing on this issue, but should not break none the less. It didn't break at a weld, but rather through the mounting plate. Clearly a bad piece of metal was used, but was unknown at the time.

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had front bar break on AX and was a Griggs bar.... sheet happens :yes

It had a bad weld along the bottom and just tore away while on the course. I brought it to Griggs and was given a new one under warranty.

yeah that blows! but mine wasnt even a weld break. im banking that they will replace it with no questions asked.

Ironically, if you have no suspension mods, you are probably MORE likely to break a bar via excessive body roll. Having a V6 will have no bearing on this issue, but should not break none the less. It didn't break at a weld, but rather through the mounting plate. Clearly a bad piece of metal was used, but was unknown at the time.

i mean, its lowered with springs and shocks and struts, but it by no means has a K member, or any kind of a-arms or control arms, i need to get my subframes welded in though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
man that sux! at least you werent doing anything "crazy" when it broke!

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eh, you should just an MM bar instead.

I know Jazzer has ;)
yeah and fork over that kind of cash. im a broke college student. always on a budget. why do you think i have a V6 in the first place haha.

man that sux! at least you werent doing anything "crazy" when it broke!
thank God right!?!? i could only imagine it busting at like 75 in a corner and having the back end wash out. that would blow.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Frame flex... The rear swaybar isnt even bolt to the chassis

Its probaly just a bad make, factory defect. Steeda should have some kind of waranty. What if u were at the track taking a corner at 65mph ?!!!

Ur lucky u were just in ur driveway

1 - 20 of 23 Posts