Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine is filthy. I need to clean it badly, but how? I'd love to clean it before it goes away for the winter. The engine has been covered in dirt for 3 years. I NEED to clean it... lol

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you hose it down at all? Or just spray something like that on and then let it do it's thing? haha

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
I don't hose it down. I spray on paper towel or a cheap towel that I don't need anymore and wipe it down. It's pretty good stuff. You may want to apply a lot more to areas that don't seem to want to clean as easily.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't hose it down. I spray on paper towel or a cheap towel that I don't need anymore and wipe it down. It's pretty good stuff. You may want to apply a lot more to areas that don't seem to want to clean as easily.
Thanks bro!

·
Registered
978 Posts
there is a sticky in here somewhere that gives you a comprehensive breakdown on how to clean your engine! i used it and man it worked great!! use the search engine on here and you will find it. :D

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
there is a sticky in here somewhere that gives you a comprehensive breakdown on how to clean your engine! i used it and man it worked great!! use the search engine on here and you will find it. :D
to this end i'm sure there's other stuff but greased lightning works for me

·
Registered
978 Posts
i did this and my engine looked brand damn new!! give it a shot, you wont believe how well it will work till you do it. i really didnt have to touch my engine at all besides the hard to get spots.

·
Registered
978 Posts
give ya boy some reps for helpin ya out! :D :D but serious you will love the way it comes out!! it is so clean and works alot faster than good old elbow grease. although there may be some tough spots you will def have to hit yourself, for the most part it will shine your engine up to show quality with VERY little hassle.

and your welcome!! thats how we do round here!! :D

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I do this to my vehicle 2-3 times a year. I have been doing basically the same thing for about 10 years now to my rides. Bteween wahings they get a bi-weekly wipe down with quick detail and they always stay looking clean.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i do the same thing myself like 2 or 3 times a year, but everytime i wash my car i try to get at the engine to hit those "spots" that always accumulate dirt and grime. cant go wrong cuz i love having a clean looking engine. everybodys calls me anal about it, but i hate having a dirty engine bay! how you gonna have a clean ass looking whip....but your motor be nasty as hell!! LOL :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts