Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears my stock set up is steel lines from the tank to the underhood then it connects to a rubber high pressure fuel hose that then goes to the rail. How do I extend this so I can use my windstar fuel rail?

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
:shiftyeyes magic :shiftyeyes

What slonison said. Asked? Said? I dunno, I'm confused :swordfight:
Longer hose can be procured for next to nothing.

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i figured im gonna go the safe way. the newer windstars with the clamshell intakes have a return style fuel rail that the connectors are on the correct side and the FPR clears my intake so ill go with that! only 10 more bucks and less risk of me screwing something else up.

now for egr delete can I just fill the egr holes with buttloads of jb weld on the inside of the runners rather than making a block off plate?

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
now for egr delete can I just fill the egr holes with buttloads of jb weld on the inside of the runners rather than making a block off plate?
You *could* do that, and it would work so long as there are not any gaps anywhere. It's not terribly hard to manufacture a block off plate though. A piece of plate steel drilled and shaped would suffice.

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know but I am short on steel plating. used alll of it to block the windstar IAC port and make an IAC relocation plate. if i fill it, let it harden then fill it, let it harden then fill again should suffice

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
It should, and could, work. Just remember: in the intake manifold, the vacuum is around 20" Hg so even the tiniest of holes will cause problems...

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
well i figured im gonna go the safe way. the newer windstars with the clamshell intakes have a return style fuel rail that the connectors are on the correct side and the FPR clears my intake so ill go with that! only 10 more bucks and less risk of me screwing something else up.

I used JB weld but I removed the stainless part first

But Its alot more work than a delete plate

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Sorry broski... If this is the intake... it wont work with the stock hood. Even with the angled spacer

There are alot of members on here that have it working with the stock hood. I was going to do this but it took to long for me and i believe Vapauto stopped making the complete kits...at least to my knowledge unless he started back up again.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
stock. VAP angled TB spacer
There are alot of members on here that have it working with the stock hood. I was going to do this but it took to long for me and i believe Vapauto stopped making the complete kits...at least to my knowledge unless he started back up again.
Here is the one he used.

Link to his page...
VAP Auto - Windstar Kit

I know this because I researched it for months and don't have the money for a new hood. There is a physical height difference between the two. The newer one being between 1-2 inches higher than the nonmodified older one. (mainly because you also need the lower intake too).

Now with the fact that the old windstar needs to be shaved down to fit under the stock hood, I figured it wouldn't fit. I brought home 1 old WS intake (lower only) and 1 new WS inake (upper and lower). Having tried it, it won't fit unless you hack up your hood...

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i didnt say i was using the clamshell intake i said i was going to use the fuel rail off of one. it comes out on the correct side. I have the 97 intake like VAP used.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts