Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously I dropped my car off yesterday for the off-road h-pipe, 4.10 gears, hot rod cams and steeda CAI installed and im going crazy already!

I cant stand not having my car lol and not knowing what it looks and sounds like. The dyno tune may not get done today :( so everything might be ready tomorrow at the latest I hope. I should get a video of the dyno tune if they call me. I also got my RP engine and tranny oil ready to go and my DG hidden fog light grille is in.

This should be a good week :)

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I do my own work...so it helps with the wait

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Seriously I dropped my car off yesterday for the off-road h-pipe, 4.10 gears, hot rod cams and steeda CAI installed and im going crazy already!

I cant stand not having my car lol and not knowing what it looks and sounds like. The dyno tune may not get done today :( so everything might be ready tomorrow at the latest I hope. I should get a video of the dyno tune if they call me. I also got my RP engine and tranny oil ready to go and my DG hidden fog light grille is in.

This should be a good week :)
I feel you man, I'm going crazy myself as well...Car is in for some light bodywork and some visual upgrades, and I have no second car, so I'm going stir crazy!!

Definitely take some videos after you're all set, I'd love to hear it with the cams in it...what or/h and axle-backs are you using??

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
I hear you, man. My cams have been sitting on my workbench for a few weeks...just waiting for the semester to end is killing me!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The work is being done at Hurricane Performance and the guy next door is doing the tune. Dont remember his company I just know his name is Tony. I just called and they said they are adjusting the lash on the 4.10 gears and if they can get it on the dyno by 6ish they will have it ready by the morning.

Im trying to guesstimate what HP im looking at but I dont wanna guess too high and be disappointed lol. I also need to look at buying a set of NT05s or NT555s. Im pretty sure the damn Pirellis will be toast in a few weeks.

Sadly I don't know if i'll get a dyno tune vid up or not. I dont want them to wait on me for anything at this point. I'll have exhaust clips and in car videos though... probably a nice burnout too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The work is being done at Hurricane Performance and the guy next door is doing the tune. Dont remember his company I just know his name is Tony. I just called and they said they are adjusting the lash on the 4.10 gears and if they can get it on the dyno by 6ish they will have it ready by the morning.

Im trying to guesstimate what HP im looking at but I dont wanna guess too high and be disappointed lol. I also need to look at buying a set of NT05s or NT555s. Im pretty sure the damn Pirellis will be toast in a few weeks.

Sadly I don't know if i'll get a dyno tune vid up or not. I dont want them to wait on me for anything at this point. I'll have exhaust clips and in car videos though... probably a nice burnout too.
Nice - I've been debating 4.10s myself.

Here's a vid of mine with the hot rods. Keep ya busy for about a minute and 8 seconds.....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I havent had my car for 3 months for a turbo kit...kills me everyday

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i also have been w/o for a while. haven't driven it since Aug. last year and it's going to the shop tomorrow to get figured out. doesn't do me any good since i'm going to be gone for the next year.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck buddy.
Have you heard anything about their shop? I've heard a few good things from a lot of people but I've also heard that their old shop went under.

Seemed like an alight place when I went there. I know tuning can take a while longer than expected so im trying to be patient I just want to have something to drive. I dont feel like borrowing my roommates car or riding the bike in this shitty weather.

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Try buying parts for a year and having to wait to install them when you get back to the US.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<3 Deployments

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
my car is in my garage 6 months straight every year, winter sucks:sorry

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Perks to doing things yourself and living in a warm climate :) Never have that storage time for winter!

·
Registered
929 Posts

Tony is one of the best mustang tuners around.. He use to Own HP performance. he use to have the fast mustangs in the world quite a few times. huge TURBOS! Your in good hands.. I can't believe we live so close and never met up! I wanna hear those cams man!:eek:

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
not everyone can do there own work for many reasons

1 - 20 of 74 Posts