Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking for some oppions, since I put on my chin spoiler I know its gonna be a problem to get a jack under the front of my car for oil changes, should I invest in a low profile jack or just do the tried and true ol' 2X4 jack.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Low pro from sears is what I use

·
Registered
618 Posts
Also you could drive up on some 2x10's then start jacking :naughty:

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
lol, good god i'm glad this thread is'nt what i thought it would be...alot of penis talk up in here...and i mean ALOOOT!

i use a scissor jack and an impact. i cant get a floor jack under mine on the sides and the rear dif isnt where i wanna jack up a 3,200 lb car.

·
Registered
514 Posts
K-Member works great ... I hate the rear spots ... especially when lowered. I want to get one of those "jacking point" mods done, where you weld in a piece of steel down the length of each side so you can put the jack just about anywhere on it.

If I decide to do something like the BMR subframe connector, I think I'm going to mod it and weld to square plates on it, one in front and one in back ... just for the purpose.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant use the side point because of the side exhaust.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I have someone to jack it for me :shiftyeyes

I meant my car :shiftyeyes

I call it my car :shiftyeyes

·
better than clockWise
20,483 Posts
lol, good god i'm glad this thread is'nt what i thought it would be...alot of penis talk up in here...and i mean ALOOOT!

i use a scissor jack and an impact. i cant get a floor jack under mine on the sides and the rear dif isnt where i wanna jack up a 3,200 lb car.
That **** stays in the clubhouse bro!

OP.. I use the jack points behind the tires and a low pro jack fits under the car just fine unless you are slammed. Then you are going to need to drive up on some boards to get the jack under there.

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
That is cool... I actually didn't buy a chin spoiler just for that reason! I now see a chin spoiler in my future... *maniacly rubs crystal ball*

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
257 Posts
I always drive on a piece of wood on all 4 tires, then my jack can fit under the car. Its really not hard just keep a few wood pieces on the side of your house. It takes 2 minutes to drive on them.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I turn my steering wheel sharp left and go in with my jack in front of the driver wheel. The jack handle will go up and down between the tire and wheel well.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
I use a low pro from harbor freight works great even with the chin I use the k then put on stands

Attachments

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
See my problem is my side skirts, its such a bitch, faym when when you see it at the car show coming up youll see what I mean.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I use a low pro from harbor freight works great even with the chin I use the k then put on stands
+1 Yup good ole Pittsburgh ****!!!

My Harbor Freight Low Pro has 6 bright LED's in the cup. Hit the button on the arm and they light up. Very convenient. Not only do you not need a light to see, you can actually aim it at your jacking point like a laser sight. It's pretty cool but I wish this feature was on a slightly bigger jack. It's fine for my two cars, but the wife's Santa Fe has pretty high frame rails, especially in the rear. I actually jack it from under the rear A-arm. The pivoting arm is not exactly the best place to lift a car from.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts