Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between a bad window regulator and a bad window motor? And WTF does the regulator look like/location?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pos went down and got stuck, nothing happens when I push up or down on the switch. I can see the volt gauge drop when I press it, so I know powers going to it.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
it's easier to just replace both.....

9 times out of ten thats how there sold anyway....

i've done both drivers side regulators and motors on my moms buick, takes about an hour

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does the glass wobble left/right when it did work? If so, that's the regulator.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesnt wabble much at all, Im gona pull the motor off tomorrow and see if the bitch works when i put it on the battery. Or ill just plug the wires into a socket in the house

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
It doesnt wabble much at all, Im gona pull the motor off tomorrow and see if the bitch works when i put it on the battery. Or ill just plug the wires into a socket in the house
be sure to video that :eek:

My passanger side rolls up super slow so I have been debating pulling it apart to see if its the motor, but it's been way to damn cold to mess with anything that has the ability to mash fingers :eek:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I've had two Ford windows get stuck in the down position (a lot of Fords in the 80/90's used the same motor assemblies), they would draw power like you are seeing but not move. I took out the motor, looked at it, hooked 12v up to it and it spun, put it back in and the problem was solved. I guess they just got "stuck". :dunno

·
902 Posts
my passenger side did this. replaced the motor and all was better. the regulator will show up as the wobble of the window and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.