Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting white face gauges in my 96 gt. Its a white car with black cloth interior. they sell the cluster insert on ebay for 15-30 bucks. I like the look but i don't want my car to look like a cheap ricer. how do you guys feel about white face gauges? also what about the white faces that "glow" blue at night?.....

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I like white gauges, they add some contrast to the dark dash. I think they are classy in general, Although I dont know of the quality of the ebay ones your looknig at.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Back in the day they were totally cool. Nowadays my 3.3L minivan has them stock from the factory and Saleen actually switched to a BLACK face guages recently to be different. I think they are totally played out and they are really nothing special anymore.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i like the ones i got in my 97gt. they were in there when i got it. they are white face during the day, but look completely different at night. i will try and get a pic of them after it gets dark to show you.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
They are alright I guess. I would change the lighting to red instead of green though. It gives it a softer and easier look to read at night.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have some for sale. white face no glow for a 99-04. pm me if you want them!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
now running stock gauges with the led inserts behind. i did like the contrast of the white faces - but did not like how misaligned they were (vinyl overlays) i also didnt like the idea of inaccurate needles (new gauge inserts) currently im actually considering switching back to the oem bulbs for that classic green glow again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bought the cluster, there is a nice write up on the install on mustangworld, I'm just gonna take my time and make sure everything is accurate

·
Registered
157 Posts
Back in the day they were totally cool. Nowadays my 3.3L minivan has them stock from the factory and Saleen actually switched to a BLACK face guages recently to be different. I think they are totally played out and they are really nothing special anymore.
I agree, but I think the real question firechicken93, is what you like on your car, because at the end of the day it's a matter of personal preferance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
here ya go

daytime

nighttime

·
Registered
205 Posts
they also have a knob to dim them down. the pic is with it at full brightness.
late model restoration has a matching kit for the a/c panel. thinking about getting it.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I am thinking about putting white face gauges in my 96 gt. Its a white car with black cloth interior. they sell the cluster insert on ebay for 15-30 bucks. I like the look but i don't want my car to look like a cheap ricer. how do you guys feel about white face gauges? also what about the white faces that "glow" blue at night?.....
It makes absolutely ZERO difference what anyone else thinks about this look :no

If you like it, go ahead and install them :yes

Jazzer welcomes the incinerated chicken to MM's :)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Get a dash from a cobra , they should go cheap if you can find one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts