Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much done purchasing suspension parts and need ideers on my rear end. I want enough junk in the trunk to make the others back that ass up.

I'm thinking of 31 spline, 5 lug conversion w/disc brakes. Has anyone heard any good or bad about the the Eaton E-Locker? Probably just going to play it safe and go with the Detroit.
Eaton 19660-010 Eaton ELocker Differentials

·
Registered
3,214 Posts

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I wouldn't even put it on a weekend car. Only a track only car

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
You guys are a buncha pansies :p my friend had one in his car and drove that **** everywhere. No problems except you gotta go slow around corners. Big deal.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
My last project was a jeep TJ on 37" tires. I'll never run an auto locker, spool, or and other type of non selectable locker on the street. Accelerated wear and drivability suffered a lot. The lockers do a great job but will buck like mad around corners. The elocker got some great reviews and from what I remember, but honestly I don't see what's the benefit over the tracloc our foxes have now. I actually swapped in an 8.8 to the jeep, I could lock up both 37" tires and spin them from a stop with it...

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Yeah a jeep on 33s and a mustang on radials have a lot in common. A detroit locker, eaton posi, or spool are all fine unless your idea of performance is a cadillac. I drove a spool on the street and an eaton posi with no issues. Loved the constant both rear wheels traction.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
SPOOL ftmfw

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPOOL ftmfw
WTF does ftmfw mean? While we're at it what does ftw mean?
So, an E-locker might work out well since I can just leave it unlocked for the most part on the street.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
For the win

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The title of your thread made me laugh a little.( How does this make my rear end look)

I thought my wife started a thread on slacks and jeans.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Ftmfw - for the mother ****ing win. I'm not sure if it's cuz I'm 33 or because I live in MN, but there was always people using acronyms that I didn't have a clue what they stood for. Someone told me you can just google it. Saved me from having to ask a **** load of times, hahaha

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I've been looking at getting my diff put together and I decided on a spool. I've been looking for the largest spline count I can find for the 8.8 and it looks like 35 is the best option. Moser has 35s but I was reading that they aren't any larger in diameter than the Strange 33 spline. I also heard that the Stranges were lighter. I would
Strange Pro Race 33 or 35 Spline Axles (1/2″) & Lightweight Spool -
Strange Pro Race Axles (up to 35 spline) (Pair)
Really like these...gun drilled with the 5 holes and the light flanges.

I would like to be loaded for bear. I'm tempted to just with a 9" housing

Goal is car seeing a ton of track with a Dart 427 with an adder (nitrous or turbo)

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I dont have an opinion on the rest but this...

"How does this make my rear end look"

Thought of my exgf when i saw that. My response? BIG. Her response? Damn straight! Then shed start singing Baby Got Back as she leaves the room. LOL

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol, that's the reaction I was shooting for

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been waiting for the answer all day to the question I forgot to post. Would it be better to go with a 9" rear or stick with the 8.8 with a 35 spline Strange axles.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts