Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Dont waste $$,
wait, and get 2011 w/ aluminum block ;)
It is what I am dong :)

Good idea!! A 38xx lb or maybe even just under 3800lb aluminum block 540 HP GT500 sounds nice, but still nose heavy. So I'd put a BMR K-Member, BMR A-Arms, BMR Tubular Radiator Support, and a lightweight battery on it(or relocate it to the trunk for even better weight distribution), then it'll be way better, in the mid-low 3700's. ;)

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol all right.

And with a couple grand my GT500 will be putting out over 600 at the wheels. Easily.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Good idea!! A 38xx lb or maybe even just under 3800lb aluminum block 540 HP GT500 sounds nice, but still nose heavy. So I'd put a BMR K-Member, BMR A-Arms, BMR Tubular Radiator Support, and a lightweight battery on it(or relocate it to the trunk for even better weight distribution), then it'll be way better, in the mid-low 3700's. ;)

Ill keep it simple w/ mine:

Mammoth, headers, no cats, tune, DONE!

Drive and enjoy :cool:

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
11.95 on street tires :eek:

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Ill keep it simple w/ mine:

Mammoth, headers, no cats, tune, DONE!

Drive and enjoy :cool:

Sounds good, I just mentioned some weight saving measures in the front because the weight distribution for the non aluminum block GT500 is 57% in the front, 43% in the rear. :eek:

It'll still be about 54-55% in the front and 45% in the rear with the aluminum block, providing it will drop 75-100lbs off of the front end.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good, I just mentioned some weight saving measures in the front because the weight distribution for the non aluminum block GT500 is 57% in the front, 43% in the rear. :eek:

It'll still be about 54-55% in the front and 45% in the rear with the aluminum block.
Yet it still handles like a champ.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
... then a meth kit; just to stay :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts