Modded Mustang Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
i was talking to one of the sheriffs in my county who drives one of the police chargers and he said that he hit 160mph before in the charger.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The sheriffs department around here has a Minivan haha. would totally run from that POS

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would sooner run 160 in a crown vic than 95 in a saturn. If people had any common sense they would avoid those rolling death traps like the plague.
Alan

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a 2003 Crown Victoria Police and have gotten up to 140 before she ran out of gas LOL.

Last time I will take a car over 100 though, it's pretty stupid. Especially when you get swirly at 120 :eek:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have personally taken my 96 P71 Crown Vic far over 140.

On a closed road of corse.:naughty:

Yes I bumped a 2 year old thread. haha

·
Registered
70 Posts
my aunt is a cop and she was issued a brand new crown vic and they make them specifically for cops(this was in 2008) we raced and my car stopped at 130 and i kept it there(speed limiter stopped me from going past it) she passed right by me and kept on pulling i called her and asked her how fast she was going she told me she stopped at 150mph(gps) because she was freaked out!!! this was in miami by the way. they come with a tune and some other things and they take them off before they auction them. the chargers are even faster!!!!

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Adrenaline rush.
:bs
Cop cars are so slow. Even if you hit 140 it would take too long to count as an adrenaline rush. Vics are heavy, not very aerodynamic and still just have a 2v 4.6. I get to know how slow these cars are because I happen to have one of these fancy cop cars in my driveway. It does ok from 40-90ish but after that its in no hurry to go anywhere anytime soon.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts