Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

theres the new squad car thats suppose to be sick. whoopdy do?

Im sure youll NEVER see that coming. nothing else frickin looks like it.

·
Banned
575 Posts
My neighbor is a police officer for the arapahoe county sherifs office, he drives his car on a daily basis. One day I asked him how fast does his car go and he says faster than yours. So......we drove to bandimere and ran the 1/4 mile, I ran a [email protected] and he ran [email protected] I teased him for a while and we headed home, he called me and says now lets race. I back off at 150 and he was prolly 30-50ft ahead of me. he says cop car rear ends are like2.90 or 3.0's..IDK but they're low so they can reach high speeds.

BTW: He was drivin a charger r/t

·
Jim Breuer's Bitch
2,483 Posts
Is that the police car that is supposed to be built to only be a police car? So that they don't have to modify other cars and spend so much money?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
About 130ish is about right. Just remember that cops also have some other cars that they can use to get you. I never recommend trying to run from the cops, just going fast enough i get away and hide but ONLY if you know that they had no time to get you plate number by sight or cam. :D

Not that I have ever done that.

:shiftyeyes

:D:D:D

:sorry

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Is that the police car that is supposed to be built to only be a police car? So that they don't have to modify other cars and spend so much money?
I don't see how they could save money with a car as nice as that. :dunno

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
i know CHP has specially built LS1 camaros that are only used for high speed pursuits
they have those here in nor cal. you cant even see them man, with the clear lights on top. And let me tell you, those ****ers are FAST.

They run them at Infineon on Wednesday nights, along with the police 5.0s

some of them are 10 second cars

·
Registered
6 Posts
the cop cars are actually tuned to achieve maximum torque in less time to obtain good pickup. rest they cant catch a car going more than mph

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Yes as far as i know they come with factory fitted engines and are capable of doing speeds of 130mph. some cars are specially ordered from the cops to try and catch high speed chases.
without good reason will result in an infraction at moderator’s discretion.

:rolleyes:

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
it's not a question of how fast cop cars go, but how fast their radios are. Which is faster then any car on the road.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i've been in the new v6 impalas at 134mph, 07 crown vic p71 w/ 373 went 120mph, charger went 146mph... and yes I'm in with the 5oh around here, grew up with em all...

and a lot of the local units are getting s197's now.. one in Apex NC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Crown Vic itself, is rather slow. Your talking a mid-high 15 second car at best. Add all the weight from radios, wiring, lighting etc. and im sure they slow down even more. As far as speed governors, it seems to vary depending on a few things like gear ratios and such, but i was told by a Mass state police trooper that his cruiser cuts off at 138.

Of course, a Charger R/T in your rear window would be a whole nother story...

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
The Crown Vic itself, is rather slow. Your talking a mid-high 15 second car at best.

Of course, a Charger R/T in your rear window would be a whole nother story...
charger r/t give them a srt8 then maybe they'll have chance :D ive gotten away from plenty of crown vics. even in a bolt on gt. just make a few turns and drive it like you stole it.

if youre going 100+ and you catch the cop flat footed, and if know the area well enuogh to get away. its stupid to stop. granted there isnt any traffic and a place to turn off. turnpike ud be ****ed no matter what your driving.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Be careful with that. You can escape them to the point they give up looking for you but if they get your plate they can put a warrant out on you.

That'd be a bad day.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Totally depends on the car man.
They year as well.

"cop cars" is way to broad of a subject.
Cops have everything from vics, to chargers, to mustangs.

61 - 80 of 195 Posts