Modded Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
the regular crown vics arent fast at all. my buddy has a old police interceptor and my stock v6 will walk that thing all day.... now there are some that are fast as hell. there was a cop in my old town when i was in high school that drove a Impala and he claimed it had a vette motor dropped in it

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
prolly was... an LT1 with 260hp.... once you get an old Impala SS rolling, they can really cover some ground... fast.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
they have those here in nor cal. you cant even see them man, with the clear lights on top. And let me tell you, those ****ers are FAST.

They run them at Infineon on Wednesday nights, along with the police 5.0s

some of them are 10 second cars
there is no such thing as a 10 second cruiser... not many STREET cars in the 10 second range.. cant believe I ever overlooked this line of ****...

My neighbor is a police officer for the arapahoe county sherifs office, he drives his car on a daily basis. One day I asked him how fast does his car go and he says faster than yours. So......we drove to bandimere and ran the 1/4 mile, I ran a [email protected] and he ran [email protected] I teased him for a while and we headed home, he called me and says now lets race. I back off at 150 and he was prolly 30-50ft ahead of me. he says cop car rear ends are like2.90 or 3.0's..IDK but they're low so they can reach high speeds.

BTW: He was drivin a charger r/t
remember, his car is laden with a ton of gear... on top of that.... he trapped almost 100mph... thats because that car was just winding up... I have been in a interceptor Charger at over 140... after 100mph, they really start rolling.

i know CHP has specially built LS1 camaros that are only used for high speed pursuits
yup... called the B4C package. Includers cloth seats, no rear defrost, power steering cooler, I think a little different suspension (or maybe the SS suspension???), a high amp alternator and 3.23 rear gear...

yea they are quick.... they run mid 13's with no equipment and can rape a stock s197. ASK ME HOW I KNOW....

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
^yep.

I'll take that bet against your stock 2000 v6 vs my 98 vic though.

I have owned a 2000 and a 2001 v6 mustang and the 98 Police interceptor vic will win hands down.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Maine State Police has at least two newer Mustang GT's. Damned things look good with all those pretty hidden blue lights. And I have seen them haul some serious ass down the interstate. I also have seen an old crown vic interceptor running the 1/8 mile in Winterport, ME only getting into the 10's.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
in general police cars are about 2 years ahead of their time for the most part.

my 98 has a pi intake , aluminum crossover, and coil packs. Stock.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Although the Police Interceptor is not sold to the general public, these cars are widely available on the used car market in the U.S. and Canada once they are no longer in service for law enforcement or fleet duty. These cars come equipped with a heavy duty transmission, heavy duty brakes, and a 250 hp (190 kW) engine. Used Police Interceptors are normally stripped of any police decals, radio and computer equipment, and emergency lights by law enforcement agencies before being sold or auctioned.

The local cops around here are switching to the charger.

81 - 100 of 195 Posts