Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the deal with the rx8 and how fast it is? im asking because i know someone who is convinced its the fastest thing on 4 wheels and i want to see what the story is.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i think they sound pretty nice, mazda had to offer to buy all of them that they sold at first, because there HP rateings were way over what the car was really putting out. just some useless info :wtf

·
Registered
462 Posts
well even though it makes 240 hp and 160 '/lb while weighing just above 3k lbs, the engine in the auto only has around 190hp, and plus the engine is incredibly peaky making the auto even that much more slow. BTW the 0-60 is 6.0-6.5 sec in the manual, im almost sure it cannot break 6 sec. The car also has low gearing in its lower gears to further enhance its speed, overtaking abilities however wont reflect a 6.0sec 0 - 60 for a stock car.

this is not to dis the RX-8 merely to knock it off its undeserved pedistal.
It really is a great handling and relitively fast car though(manual only)

·
Registered
25 Posts
RX8

The RX8 is a very nice car and quick in a manner of speaking, that being said, I much, much prefer the last gen RX7 (FD). They are a very sexy and highly potential. The Supra's, RX8's and the nissan 240SX's are actually great cars, they just have a "bad reputation" because of certain people. I had a 91 240sx with the SR20DET swap pushing 18 psi of boost, it ran 12.20's on slicks. But I tried to drift it, got decent at it, but I got over confident on an off ramp at 60 in 2nd gear and lost it to a guardrail :rockon , Sold the motor for 4 grand and parted out the car. As far as imports go, the Supra TT would be my pick, but they are still higher than a Terminator Cobra right now.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had read that mazda was doing a buy back on the rx-8s. the deal was that if you took your rx to a dyno and it made less than 200 hp Mazda would buy it back. This was all b/c of the numbers they claimed vs actual numbers. They supposedly waaay over exagerated the hp numbers when they released it.

·
RIP Dennis
76,422 Posts
Bossman351 said:
I had read that mazda was doing a buy back on the rx-8s. the deal was that if you took your rx to a dyno and it made less than 200 hp Mazda would buy it back. This was all b/c of the numbers they claimed vs actual numbers. They supposedly waaay over exagerated the hp numbers when they released it.
Yeah that is what I heard as well...A guy in my shop at work had them buy back his RX-8...he hated it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts