Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy guys I am actually here trying to grab some info lol. I had a buddy kind of get me in a bind I wasn't expecting when he offered me up for a race against his cousin with a 06-07 cbr 600 for 300-500 bucks against the mustang in the 1/8th mile. The bike is all stock except its 1 down in the front and has an exhaust(rider looks to be a little over 200 lbs). The guy is prolly mid 20's in age and has never been to the track before which is my biggest advantage. Bored one night we went up to the dumb bike lot where they all hang out/stand around all night to talk about the race and instantly the bs started to kick in. This 90lb girl on a 636 with a huge stunt sprocket on the back said "thats the car!!" and started laughing hysterically and her group of teenage boys started in to. I then returned fire saying "unexperienced riders who have never been to the track would laugh, why dont you run me right now for cash"? They were suddenly a little hesitant. She then gave a confused look as I sat there smiling at her waiting for any of them to say yes. We then continued to talk to his cousin who really thinks it is "literally impossible for a bike to get beat by a street car"..... Yea one of those guys lol. So in 2 weeks we are going to the local 1/8th track to settle this debate.

This is were you guys come in, I am trying to see if I have this in the bag or if I have a reason to be worried.... I am just curious what kind of 1/8th mile times you guys pulled your first time to the track? I have had many sport bikes but they have always been stretched before I had taken them to the track which really drops their times quickly obviously. I want virgin times from stock wheel base 600cc bikes. Please NO stretched bikes or seasoned riders. I really dont want 1000cc bike times but I guess in the 1/8th there prolly isn't a big difference so go ahead. I am usually not paying attention when the bikes run at the track but Im pretty sure most unexperienced riders usually hit between 7.3's-8.0's in the 1/8th

My car as it sits runs 7.60's all motor and I have a fogger kit that I have not used yet because I have not created a nitrous tune on my new efi system yet. I am hoping to make a quick half ass tune and use a safe/small 75-100 shot when running him. I think if I do that I should have this race in the bag no matter what. Thanks for any times in advance guys and ride safe

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I know it's a different bike but my first time out on my 2004 gsxr 600 was 11.10 @ 135 in the quarter. I can't remember the 1/8 time. I'm also 160 lbs and my bike was modded. It had -1/+2 sprockets, race filter, header, scorpion mid pipe and can, and a tune. I honestly bet he get a 11.5-12.0 in the quarter his first time out. I believe that would translate to a 7.7-7.8 in the 1/8 at about 90ish mph range. I'd almost bet you'll take him

My 06 liter bike on the other hand in its current state runs 10.15 in the quarter in the 140mph range. I'll have to look up the slip when I get home.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, thats what I was thinking also. I would like to race him 1/4 but I would want to get this nitrous tune nice and solid so I could run a 150 or something because bikes have some mad top end power. I just cant loose to this guy lol. The money isnt the big deal its the stupid "im a badass" mentality they have because they own a bike. Just want to show those punks that they arnt the greatest thing that has ever roamed the street and if you know how to build a car you dont have to resort to buying a bike like all of his wanna be buddies. I love rockets and have had 4 of them but man I hated 75% of the cocky dbags I rode with just for that same reason lol. The worse I beat him the more it will mind fu-- all of them haha

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Lol. Id almost like to get in on the betting and say he's gonna be so cocky that when he launches he ****s up his launch and launches the wheel in the air, forcing a massive landslide of a victory for you.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Ummmm. Do tracks even allow this? I have never seen a bike race a car at a track. I think it's for safety or some ****.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Ummmm. Do tracks even allow this? I have never seen a bike race a car at a track. I think it's for safety or some ****.
They do actually, I was surprised.

In the quarter he will have the advantage, but from what I have seen with novice riders is they have a tough time launching the bike. I never tracked my CBR or I would be more help. My money is on you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to see him put his front tire in the air but I don't want to here the crying afterwards lol. Maybe if he does ill just cut the nitrous off after my launch and the offer a rematch. I want to destroy this guy with a semi legit race. I just don't want him to have any excuse when he walks back up to his buddies after being beat by a daily driven car. If they let us run against eachother that would be awesome but even if you can't the first runs et of the day would work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts