Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wondering this because its as cheap as the ford racing cams

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
should i just wait longer and get the comp cam?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Faststang91Lx has a trick flow stage 1 cam for sale i do believe....Pm him if you want it

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
They work well for an off the shelf camshaft.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah cuz saw they are basically the same price as ford racing ones, and then comp cams shoot up to $265 a cam, so got me wondering why trickflow was so cheap

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
i dont wanna buy a used cam tho
why not ? its in great shape other wise he wouldn't be selling it. every one that hes sold parts to has been vary satisfied....Its cool though i was just trying to save you some money since your on a budget

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dad told me not to buy a used one, was wondering why not tho..how much is he selling it for?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey how much are you selling your cam for? and how did you like it?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It was good, but I opted for the Stage 2 cam for my 185 cnc heads. Combo wasn't/isn't set in stone yet, so I went with a TF cam again... just bigger.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you have the roller rockers too? lol idk, my guess is he bought a used one for his 78 trans am and something happend

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
His Trans Am is probably flat tappet. That's a no no. That's new cam and lifters for those. Yes it performed well. Great cam for low to mid power. It's not going to do much for you over 6k though, but most people don't rev that high anyway.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Im guessing it will work well with all that gt40 stuff you just bought

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i def. wont rev past 6k...so the roller rockers come with it, is that were your saying? and im just looking for a good street cam, one that will give me a good amount of torque

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i guess the lifters idk, what are the 1.6 or 1.7 things...and yeah im just trying to find a great street cam to work with my new set up

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
People on the Anything and Everything GT40 site seem to like the TF stage 1 with gt40 heads. Don't matter to me if I sell it or not, since I have a project car here still. It was supposed to go in that car with my old TF 170's, but then I sold them. Then I was going to do gt40's on the cheap with that cam in it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts