Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
ive never done it, but i wish i could of installed mine. if ur no rush in getting ur car back have someone to help u and u should be good

·
Registered
343 Posts
buy a gasket kit, pull the motor, swap everything over.

·
Registered
319 Posts
easyer then you would think. just make sure you get a repair manual and get the right torque specs and new gaskets and also make sure when you first start it up to prime your oil pump.

·
Registered
343 Posts
prime it by unplugging the coil packs and crank it till oil pressure builds up :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
thats a way to do it or you could get protrolyum jelly is get a hand full and mash it in the oil pump

haha not fuel wtf was i thinking?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
there is a priming kit for these cars, or crank it till you have pressure. R&R these motors are fairly easy.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I never built pressure first. If the build is new and if they used quality assembly lube just start it. The stater will never spin it fast enough to build pressure. If you want to prime it you need a pressurized kit to do it with.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
the 4.6 is one of the easiest motors I have ever pulled and installed in a car. I love how the harness is amlost totally above the valve cover and has no odd ball spots that run all under and around it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It all depends on who does it and if they have done it before. I can usually have one done in about a day to day and half. Just take your time and do it right.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
When you do the swap, pull the engine and trans at the same time...I found out the hard way that mating them back up in the car isn't the easiest thing to do. Also, if your car is an auto, the bolts on the torque convertor are standard (all other bolts are metric).

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
I never built pressure first. If the build is new and if they used quality assembly lube just start it. The stater will never spin it fast enough to build pressure. If you want to prime it you need a pressurized kit to do it with.
never spin fast enough??? guess again. timing can jump if there is no pressure no matter the assembly lube you use.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Well, do you want 600hp or do you want more?

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Hardest part would be doing the timing. I had my shop install my heads and time it for me. then installed the motor. saved a bunch a money doing it that way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts