Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting stripes (Dark gray on a black 5.0) and saw that some people on here bought the vinyl stripes themselves and put them on. I was looking at this set of stripes on ebay and they are about $70 shipped so figured even if i screw it up its only $70. How hard are they to install? I figure id get some 1.5" painters tape and lay that right down the middle of the hood, roof and back and then lay a stripe down each side of it. doesnt sound too bad. and I think 10" are a good size, i think the 12" would be too wide and the 8" would be too skinny. I know alot of people have had issues with their vinyl stripes, like fading, chipping after a couple years, but i dont really care because after a couple years i might want to change the color or get rid of them anyways, and if i want to keep them then, i could just get them painted on then since ill have had some time with them and know for sure that I want them. let me know your thoughts.

2010 2011 Mustang COBRA 10" Rally Stripe Stripes Decals | eBay

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
It can be done and I have helped do it myself on my 11, buttttt it is not very easy, one little thing and it will screw up the whole set up. I did mine with someone that does it for a living so I would suggest take it to someone

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've never installed big stripes, only deck lid vinyls on a few stangs. Those weren't hard. Just gotta take your time and use lots of soapy water/alcohol mix, that way it doesn't set too fast

1 - 3 of 3 Posts