Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, how do people finance motor swaps or motor builds? im 20 years old with 1 car payment and the insurance to go with that. and with the other costs of living how are people able to do it! lol do most speed shops that build motors or swap them in have financing or what? I love power, i have a need for power.. and i want power now lol :eek:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Credit Cards!!!!

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Im 22 and supercharged mine. Did the work myself. I work my ass off so I can afford nice things.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The key is to start small and work up to the big items, saving is probably your best option. Credit will kill you at this early age. Do fall for the allure of the credit line, you will be sorry.

·
Registered
400 Posts
save your money bro and INVEST. Im 21 and have a 03 GT paid off and have about $22,000 invested in my car. I am a business major and Im taking a finance class where you learn about this kind of stuff. Just dont spend money on stupid ****. The guy was telling us about if you save a dollar a day for like 30 years or something like that and if you put it in a good mutual fund you will have like $800,000 after the 30 years. not bad for only a dollar. Just think what you can have if you invest more. If you spend all your money now you wont have **** to show for it but about 10 million loans. I only buy what i can afford. Sure some people finance their expensive car with their built motor, but ill be laughing when i drive by in my PAID FOR Lamborghini in 15 years or so. A good job also goes a long way haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all very good advice, but i dont know a damn thing about the stock market or investing except that gold never loses its value aslong as people want jewlery... guess its time to start selling my comic book, and rookie card collection

·
Registered
400 Posts
drugs are also a good option. just dont get caught. There are a lot of people that can help you with stocks and what not. All you have to do is go to an investing firm like hilliard lions and places like that. But at your age i would stay away from stocks unless you devercify your stocks. they are risky and insted of making money you could lose it. Go for the lower risk stuff.

·
Registered
400 Posts
just dont be like most americans that live pay check to pay check because you have to have everyting you want right now. save now and you will be much happier later in life

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
:funnah Donald Trump look out! No but seriously, he speaks wise words

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
ok, how do people finance motor swaps or motor builds? im 20 years old with 1 car payment and the insurance to go with that. and with the other costs of living how are people able to do it! lol do most speed shops that build motors or swap them in have financing or what? I love power, i have a need for power.. and i want power now lol :eek:
i sell blood and semen (not together)
seriously, i just save and get stuff a little at a time. you have to prioritize, and for me right now, go fast parts isn't a priority. paying bills is...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Im 20 and in college and work a part time job and saved up forever and was able to afford all of the items in my sig along with a car payment and 3 insurance payments (3 cars).....be patient my friend or else u'll be like all my other friends who have nasty 10 sec cars but cant even afford to put gas in them

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
WOAH!!!! DO NOT FINANCE ADD ONS!!!!!!!!! Bad idea bro.... power adders are things you save up for, not take out loans for. The only things you should ever take our loans for are automobiles, property, education, and buisness needs... dont dig yourself a hole man. I'm only 18 but i know a lot about finances lol.

SAVE UP FOR MODS!

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
like everyone else said. save up. credit cards are not the way to go. i only use mine for my day to day purchases and then pay it off every month. got to love racking up the points

·
Registered
922 Posts
How? They are single, live with their parents, have no bills, and daddy bought their car. :yes:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Also keep it in your pants or use protection kids will kill you car funds don't have one untill your finacialy stable, myself and the little woman have 5 between the two of us four have been through college and what a killer that was on the fun money, just my 2 cents worth. think about what you want to do and save as much as you can and it will all come around.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts