Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how many cars can be detailed with a can of xxx wax and a bottle of blacklight etc etc. I'm going to place an order with Christmas money and am wondering how long it'll last? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
There are so many factors its impossible to tell yah. I'd say 10+ wax jobs but I could be wrong.

sent from ponyville

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
There are so many factors its impossible to tell yah. I'd say 10+ wax jobs but I could be wrong.

sent from ponyville
depends on your application..
somewhere like 30-60 idk I always sell or trade off my products before I go through them
^i would say 30/40 coats on averaged sized cars is a pretty safe number. Again depends on the wax and vehicle size

Alright. Thanks for the info
Most of your liquid stuff like sealants/glazes go a LONG way by machine, you can probably do 5 cars or more with an ounce of most sealants, once the pad becomes primed with product you dont even have to apply more, just go all over the car with the DA.

In a nutshell, if you arent a professional detailer doing a ton of cars, then 16oz products should be plenty for you. Except for soaps ect.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't so I could order more. I was just trying to get a feel for everything. I ask a lot of questions, so be prepared :)

Thanks for the replies. /Thread

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
okay thing you really need to know is almost anything that isnt otc is going to last much longer then OTC items simply because they are more concentrated.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
^ basically, especially soaps.

Most professional products take less and last longer.....and smell better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts