Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my problem I'm a college student and has you can guess money is tight and parking my stang costs like 15 bucks every week and its starting to get old. So i thought up this idea not to long ago and i wanted to run it by you guys to see if it was actually possible.

You see the parking garage charges you but the only way they can collect is to block the exit with this retractable arm and i was wondering if it would be possible for me to lower my car enough to fit under this arm ? if so plz tell me how

·
Registered
990 Posts
thats probably a bad idea bro. there are probably cameras or something. either way its illegal. so even if you did spend the money to get it lowered you might face charges. but if i had to put my .02 in, i would say air bags

·
Registered
393 Posts
It would be more expensive to drop your car that low than to just pay $15 a week...

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
That can probably get you arrested on the real.. and I doubt you could lower it enough in the first place.

I lowered my Honda recently..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Exactly... Defining possible is your order of business. If you don't have a ton of money, slamming your car down low enough to fit under a parking garage swing arm is impossible/impractical considering you're attempting to avoid $15/wk

ROFL @ HMUSN - I still don't think you'd fit :) :) Maybe if you took a sawzall (spelling?) to the A, B, and C pillars and peeled the roof off like a can of sardines you might have a shot... I'd pay the $15/mo

·
Registered
990 Posts
look there you go! just put it on blocks and get people to push you

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well eventually i plan on lowering the car anyway once i get the money sure it will probably be a ways off but eventually ill get it. what I'm more interested in is how low do you think i could go without sacrificing ride quality?

p.s. i've lived at the dorm next to the parking garage for about 3 months now and all i have to say about cameras is they don't exist and people are almost never there the one guys that comes. his name is Gary and hes like 80 something and he comes once a week on wensday for two hours and splits....... not to sound like a criminal but ive thought this out but your probably right.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well eventually i plan on lowering the car anyway once i get the money sure it will probably be a ways off but eventually ill get it. what I'm more interested in is how low do you think i could go without sacrificing ride quality?

p.s. i've lived at the dorm next to the parking garage for about 3 months now and all i have to say about cameras is they don't exist and people are almost never there the one guys that comes. his name is Gary and hes like 80 something and he comes once a week on wensday for two hours and splits....... not to sound like a criminal but ive thought this out but your probably right.
HAHA. Thats a dumb idea but I prob would try it if I owned a piece. But how about you pay off the 80year old dude with the money you would spend lowering your car that much. HAHA

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Go buy a $300 50cc or higher scooter and store it in your dorm room. Then sell your Stang if $15 a week so too much for you to handle. I mean cmon....

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Seriously... parking tags here are just under $200 for the year... how many weeks are you in school? 15 per semester? I guess that gets kinda pricey... walk? Really you'd spend more time lowering your car and bottoming out on EVERYTHING then you would just paying the money.

But either way, 2-2.5" is about the max (with supporting mods) that you can go without saying, "I hate driving this car."

·
Registered
923 Posts
If you eventually plan on lowering it I would not go further than 1.5". Looks stupid any lower imo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts