Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my glenns performance sumped tank last week. I'm looking at ordering the fuel line. I know layout with determine exact footage needed but just trying to to ball bark the amount needed.

·
13,575 Posts
33' and you will have a couple feet to spare. I suggest using this, Its stainless and Teflon inside which will not only hold up better then rubber hose but will keep from permeating obnoxious smells. they also sell

These lines are awesome and way cheaper then anyone else.

AN -8 Stainless Steel Hoses

AN Braided Stainless Steel Lines

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder what changed in normal ss braided line. I dont buy it's the fuel. My buddies 32 ford was plumbed 20 year ago using the none ptfe line. he has been running race gas since they were installed with no issues. The car sits 99% of the time in a garage or enclosed trailer, so I think he would notice.

·
13,575 Posts
I wonder what changed in normal ss braided line. I dont buy it's the fuel. My buddies 32 ford was plumbed 20 year ago using the none ptfe line. he has been running race gas since they were installed with no issues. The car sits 99% of the time in a garage or enclosed trailer, so I think he would notice.
I couldn't honestly tell you I have thought about this a few times, and all I could come up with was old card setup barely have any pressure on the lines unlike a fuel injected car that will see 4X the pressure. Perhaps the extra flow or pressure puts extra stress on the line thus saturating the rubber more BUT this is just a thought its no scientific proven theory by no means..

Being that I have used all three types of lines on three different fuel setups I wish now that I would have used this PTFE stuff because 8AN PTFE is as big in circumference as 6an Rubber because the rubber is so much thicker, also it is 100% safe for any type of fuel you will ever out in this car E-85, Race fuel , Pure ethanol ETC.

The prices are about the same so its up to you but ide use PTFE SS.

·
13,575 Posts
Yes you also dont need 2 filters its just another restriction.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Areomotive recommends a 10 an on suction side of the pump but 8an on pressure side would be fine

·
13,575 Posts
OK thanks guys just piecing my fuel system together now
I know you got 2 different answers but just Go with what your Manufacturer recommends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts