Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently stumbled on my moms dream car and bought it. Unfortunately it's a 3.9L V6 and the slowest thing I've ever owned.

I was ready to look for motors to swap but I saw a few vids of a few turbo'd SN95's.

I asked a few people and Ebay turbo kits are cheap enough that I'm not too concerned about experimenting... I was told by a few people those kits need some finessing so expect 12-15 hours labour for a shop to dry fit and to make adjustments. It will be another 2-3 hours to tune (which I expected).

For install labour, does 12-15 hours from a shop sound accurate? Most of my friends run NOS but this is a street car for a retired old lady haha. She wants 300-350HP; nothing crazy. Can these V6 internals handle that?

Should I just LS or 351 swap it? What do you guys think is the cheapest way to hit 300 hp range.

Pick of the new toy!
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light

·
Super Moderator
4,801 Posts
It all depends on your budget and end goal. The easiest thing to do is throw a turbo on it and be done. As far as labor goes, I’m not sure but 12 or so hours is probably on the low side. Call around to get some quotes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts