Modded Mustang Forums banner

How many miles supercharged

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of members are concerned about how long their motors will last on their daily drivers if they put on a supercharger. This questionaire is for those with stock internals ('03/04 Cobras excluded... you know why). Let's tell them how long we've been driving on stock motor supercharged.

I'll go first. My car has 148,000 mile. The last 68,000 miles have been supercharged around 380 rwhp.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine has been on for about 51,000 miles. I JUST hit 87k on my 01 GT. And i havent had any problems with my motor since install. i just cant wait to buy a forged short block lol

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
prob only a little over 5k miles

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Im at about 12k miles.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i think I did about 2k or so...hope to make it a little more turbo'd...but may get a forged shortblock next Spring/Summer

they were hard miles...saw 10psi and rev limiter A LOT

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
6000 miles so far only issue was a brelt replacement like 5 months ago bc of the old belt tensioner was bad.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am at 10 years and 51k miles......so far so good.....

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
just about 87000 miles of boost on my car but it came stock with a sc... does that count? 500 miles with a whipple

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
just did my m90 @7psi not too long ago at 25-26k and now im about to hit 30k no problems so far

·
Registered
601 Posts
I only installed about 5-6 months ago but already put 5,000 miles on. It's my daily driver and then I made a cross-country drive when I moved! After the first 2 weeks of debugging ... Zero problems.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
good stuff right here

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
4,500mi. 1 year

·
Registered
634 Posts
30k miles supercharged, 80k total. Also taken several long trips with it since supercharged with no problems. Been down the track hard alot, but street driving rarely get into the boost so those miles are easy on it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
My car has 97k miles, over 70k supercharged. I floor it every time I drive it, and it gets driven almost daily.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This was unexpected. The single biggest catagory of supercharged fragile stock cast rods at this time is 50,000 miles or more.

We really need more people to respond. Obviously, from this data, a supercharger doesn't hurt your motor if you stay reasonable.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
~16k no issues from the motor. The only issue I have is the a slight leak in the head unit so it doesn't get driven as much now.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump. I wanted to use this as a reference but lost track of it. Please, feel free to contribute.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts