Modded Mustang Forums banner

How many drive their Mustang in the winter?

• Never, only on 80 + degree sunny, dry days

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Occasionally, just to keep oil and fluids circulating

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Whadda ya mean, I love losing control!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • It's my DD, I have to!

Votes: 8 38.1%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that live in the northern states, which occasionally experience inclement weather in the winter months, how many drive their Stangs in the bad / snowy weather?

I used to drive mine (2000 GT coupe) for a few years, that is until I got an F150 for the winter. Personally, I think it's insane driving a Mustang in the snow and ice - doesn't handle worth a crap.

Oh, nice to meet everyone BTW...

Mike :)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
It snowed here last night. the roads r covered in a half inch packed layer. i was going to take the sunfire or the wagon today but after playing in the parking lot the stang wasnt so bad today. and i got to drift a bit lol.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
mine hibernates in the winter:D. but yeah i only drive my stang on dry days when the weather is nice. it doesnt have to be 80 though, there has been some 30-40 degree days this winter ive gotten it out.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Welcome...

And I drive my mustang every chance I get...

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
i actually planned on driving it in the winter before i bought it. that was before i found out mustangs just really really really dont like snow haha. But even when snow isnt on the ground my tires just dont stick to the road. it doesnt help i dont have winter tires either. But its fine. Ive been taking the bus for the last 3 weeks to school and get rides from people. I was able to take my baby out today for a nice long 30 minute drive tot he store and back. lol. I was having withdrawals. But ive just decided to only drive it on days there is no snow, no salt, etc on the road. its just too annoying to drive it in this kind of weather. Everytime i shift my tires spin. its ridiculous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts