Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(carb) I Currently Using A Scoop Off A Old Capri, Ive Got The The Biggest Air Cleaner I Can Fit, My Engine Builder Is Bitchin Me Out Every Time He See's It. Daily Driver And Some 1/8 Mile In The Summer.
Will THE EXTRA HP BE Worth The Price Of A Cowl Hood And A Bid Ass K$n??

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
as long as the filter out flows your carb by about 25% you'll be fine.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Hey it's Duckfart again what's up LOL...

My deepest opinion and JBigbootsy might have a better one but for me... Enough air is enough that your carb can handle I would say. If anything, getting an oversized filter might take away from your cfm suckage but I would know. If your getting a cowl hood maybe that might compensate for it. But don't think just because your building horsepower, your obligated to buy a cowl hood. To add on, I would find something besides a cowl hood. Every car I see has the same **** on it sorry, just had to say, that's why i'm selling my rims here soon.

JBIG will come in here and he will fart you up a perfect answer as I see his answers are accurate(other than the seatbelt one) I'm still questionable about that :)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Yea cowl hoods positive attributes are in order of importance: 1 clearance, 2 aero, 3 looks, 4 function.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
i used a K&N 14"x4" filter with the filter lid on my 1982 Capri and it fit under the factory hood fine. the lid will help compensate for having to use a shorter filter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used a K&N 14"x4" filter with the filter lid on my 1982 Capri and it fit under the factory hood fine. the lid will help compensate for having to use a shorter filter.

thats a damn fine lookin motor! my a/f is only 2.5" tall and oblong, I cant fit a drop down either.. to much fuel stuff. I guess the dyno will be the place to find out if the motor is getting "enough" air

1 - 8 of 8 Posts