Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all stock 89, and i'm installing a Kenne Bell. It's got 8psi pulley, but i'm going to get underdrive crank pulley to reduce boost. But would it be safe to run 8psi, i'm guessing no, cause still got 19lbs injectors.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
it all depends on the tune, fuel, fuel system, timing, etc...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea yea, but that all comes later when i have money for them. Now i'm putting just the s/c kit. For future i also have 10 and 12 psi pulleys.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i'm pretty sure that you're gonna need bigger than 19lb injectors. somewhere around 38-42 lb would be better. also a bigger fuel pump (possibly), unless you got the kb boost-a-pump system.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
no, you are gonna need injectors..and a bigger pump..i dont even have a supercharger and i need bigger injectors...get around 38

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Vortech kits have been made for decades that are designed for 19 lb injectors.

You need a T-rex external pump and an FMU, both of which come in vortech's kit.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
no, you are gonna need injectors..and a bigger pump..i dont even have a supercharger and i need bigger injectors...get around 38
You dont need bigger injectors OR pump with 8psi. Ive spoke with reps at Kenne Bell, and Jim himself many times, because i really wanted one of their 2.2s for along time. With a 6-8psi pulley arrangment, you dont need bigger injectors or a bigger fuel pump.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts

+1, the ad on my jegs book does not have a star by the order number stating it needs bigger injectors. Also I've seen ever so slightly modifed stangs with just a cam, chip re-program, and bbk shorties make 415hp on stock injectors.

8psi is make for your car, you have the compression for it, plus your stock pump flows more than 45-55psi right? So run to autozone, snag a good timing light(Keep your receipt), come home and install the damn S/C, use your timing light and time your car perfect(Perferablly on 89 oct) or 87 with octane booster(SThe silver can from autozone) test it out, do your final timing, return your timing light and get your 80 bucks back, get a short throw shifter and let's starts ****ing around with some Zo6's and maybe a C6. I aint no punk bitch LOL

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
I have an old summit book. All they have is Chevy's on it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
get the injectors and the pump.. what's $500.00 in parts over $3000.00 for a new motor?
Yes, i will buy them, and i think the same way as you about extra 500. Only problem is that i don't have $500 to spend now. Hell, i don't have even $100 now because i had to buy new computer and fix my daily driver.

I don't even know how much boost i'll get with underdrive crank pulley, but maybe it's safer to not try with stock crank pulley. Hopefully i got the willpower to stay lo boost... :D My main goal is not to get max power right away, but to get it running and one dyno pull. Next winter is time to build some more.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
You want an accurate answer... wait on "JBIGBoosty" or "Darrell" both of them will tell you what you need and I would listen to them. My two cents? If anything bump up your injectors so you'll have something to play with. You don't need a pump just for 8psi, your injectors by stock will flow around 70'ish at idle and 75 at daily drive speed, and them 76-79 at full throttle. so you still have 9psi to work with so you'll be fine.

Then later on you can bump up your jectors and a BBK fuel pump or better yet... AEROMOTIVE Fuel pump

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

+1. If you don't have a FMU, you'll need some injectors, and a custom chip, or programable engine management.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts