Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would a mechanic charge if i gave him the parts?

and how much would milling cost cause id be able to put them in but i cant mill them?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Re: how much does it cost to install forged internals? milli

via sin dios said:

and how much would milling cost cause id be able to put them in but i cant mill them?
the only milling ive heard of is making the cylinder or the intake/exhaust ports on your head bigger....that would cost you about ~100-150....but installing the internals would cost you about ~200

·
Registered
196 Posts
i think he means boring out the cylinders. but idk pricing on that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: how much does it cost to install forged internals? milli

chevy_killer said:
via sin dios said:

the only milling ive heard of is making the cylinder or the intake/exhaust ports on your head bigger....that would cost you about ~100-150....but installing the internals would cost you about ~200
so if i want to rebuiold my engine i donth have to bore them out??? isnt somerhting i have to do to them first?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
itschristorres8 said:
WHOA!!! wait so having them install forged internals would only be $200 about!! thats insane i thought i'd be blowing like $1k on that
it cant be 200, taking a engine out and puting it back in is over 1K. Plus taking it apart and puting it back together............

·
Registered
573 Posts
im sure its more than 200 cuz they have to strip the bottum end of the engine and freeze the ends of the cyclinders into place or somethin to that effect it like shrinks them to fit into this lock and all kinds of stuff they tried to explain it to me while they did it to my engine.. it made no sense.. our engines look cool tho!

·
Registered
12 Posts
its about 70 bucks per cylinder, dont bore it over to the max though because ur cycinder walls will be to thin, id bore it out .040 at the most, espiacly if ur gonna b runnin boost.if u just wanna change ur compression ratio, u can get a thinner head gasket to make ur compression ratio go up. the price for .030 over and .040 over is the same, boring and the price for the pistons usually, so i say go .040

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
... dude its not that easy... you say as if it can be done in your garage... i have been working on my car for 2 weeks and im not even half way done... soo...

if you think you can take the engine out in your garage... a mechanic could put it together for less ... if you drop the car off and say pretty please it will be a lot more like chris said a grand or so...

their is one kid on here with a stroked 4.2L that took out a loan to do it... i don't know where he is he can give more accurate info... cuz it was a kit he had installed

·
Registered
573 Posts
Onemanzu said:
... dude its not that easy... you say as if it can be done in your garage... i have been working on my car for 2 weeks and im not even half way done... soo...

if you think you can take the engine out in your garage... a mechanic could put it together for less ... if you drop the car off and say pretty please it will be a lot more like chris said a grand or so...

their is one kid on here with a stroked 4.2L that took out a loan to do it... i don't know where he is he can give more accurate info... cuz it was a kit he had installed
i talked to a mechanic before i let my brother put my 4.2l in mine and it was like 800 or more he said

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Onemanzu said:

wat r u doing to your car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
dude, im only 19, n if im smart enough to be able to remove and engine, dissassemble it, rebuild it and reinstall it, u better b younger than me because u dont know crap, i could do all this in 2 days if the machining process didnt take so long, i removed a 427 bigblock out of a 1969 corvette stingray and had it out and disassembled in 4 hours, not to mention i got dinner in that amount of time, so if ur gonna sit there n tell me its hard u got alot to learn kid

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i got an old beat to **** 232... plus im not a mechanic... nor have i ever built or ****ed with an EFI engine before...

i am 18 i know how to build an engine and bet i could do it if i had the proper tools and time...

... and i konw plenty dude... i just am not able to yank the ****in cover of the engine and its pissin me off... i don't know why the **** it wont come off...

go ahead and build the engine if you are confident and have the tools to do it ... if you aren't or don't take it to a shop

·
Registered
12 Posts
well if u cant get ot off, have u taken the harmonic balancer off? if u have have u taken out the bolts that are holding it in down the front seal of the oil pan, if u havent touched the oil pan theres ur problem

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
... so i do have to drop the oil pan... **** ... aight ill do that then... i have 13 bolts in baggies waiting to be put back in... thats how many chilton said their would be...

do i have to fulley drop it out ... or can i just take it of and let it rest on the K member and maybe a 2x4??

thanks so much for your help...

·
Registered
947 Posts
itschristorres8 said:
WHOA!!! wait so having them install forged internals would only be $200 about!! thats insane i thought i'd be blowing like $1k on that
i just had a chance to get back on...but yall are putting words in my mouth.....to just put the crank, connecting rods and pistons in should cost you 800 dollars........but getting the engine taken out and every thing like that then yes it will be a butt load more

1 - 20 of 22 Posts