Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Cobra T-56 (stock, no aftermarket input shaft) in my car and was curious what horse power limits you guys are seeing out of it before needing that viper input shaft. I'm going to be pushing anywhere between 600 and 700 rwhp.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
man i posted on your other thread. the input shaft is seprate from the main shaft. its about 300 dollars for a 26 spline input shaft and shim kit. and it is super easy to install. i may not make that much power, but i deff pull the tires with it and it has held up just fine.

liberty makes one and so does d&d

·
Registered
161 Posts
My stock input shaft (10 spline) took 700rwhp and 608 rwtq. I switched the spline to the 26 as insurance.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
241 WHP and going strong, lol. I'd think the guys on the 4v board would be more helpful, no?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
It's not really the HP levels, it's how you drive your car. If you're launching at 5k and powershifting, that 10 spline isn't going to last long past 500-550 rwhp. If you're driving miss daisy, you can have 1000 rwhp on the stock input shaft.

·
Premium Member
3,385 Posts
Should also ask what these cars run at the track.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
no power shifting in my car yet. 5000 rpm dumps, 26x10 slick, i suck at driving, last pass at the track was total crap, 7.3 @94 mph. lost lots of power due to a dead ic pump, which im still waiting on the new one to come in so no track this friday. my fastest trap has been 101 mph but even worse driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts