Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i have the stock tranny for my 02 gt... which is, i believe a T-3650...?

Well in about a year i'm throwing a twinscrew s/c on there at about 9psi (around 400rwhp). Will my tranny and clutch handle it?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
clutch not very long... tranny probably a decent amount of time. I wouldnt worry about the tranny till it breaks. But the clutch i would replace soon. Mine was slipping as soon as i put my KB on.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
i got the centerforce dual friction and loved it... most people will say spec though.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
isn't it rated at 399tq? although ive seen plenty of ppl exceeding that limit..

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok should i should def get a new clutch.... and the tranny will last awhile... thats good to know. Thanks ladies ;)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
On a street car it'll handle well over 360 lb-ft.... as long as you're not pounding on it, dumping the clutch, mis-shifting, and bangin gears 24/7 it'll be fine.:)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
When i had my car dyno tuned at springfield motorsports, i was bs'ng with Wheat...he brought up a good point...he keeps the stock clutch in his car because he considers it a fuse..since he works in a shop, he'd rather blow out a cheap clutch vs blowing up a rear end. I like his idea, but if its your dd then go ahead and upgrade.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
well i'm gonna have around 400rwhp give or take... so thats around 380-400lbtq...

You're good...I've seen street cars push as high as 600whp on t45s.. and they're weaker than tr-3650. Its all about how you drive really.

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
i have close to 450 tq at the wheels and the tranny is doing fine. clutch however is gone. i am getting a spec stage 2+ put in next weekend. fun fun. looks like i will change the fluid as well.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
well... the way to look at it is if you have the money to buy hardened gears and shift forks then do it while you have the trans out cuz when you break it you will regret not doin it while you have it down..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts