Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
With nitrous and sticky tires, along with a great driver mod, low 12s should be pretty doable.

Sweet2k was running a 150 shot IIRC and hit high 11s on a relatively stock motor.

F8LGT has a stock long block (even stock cams) and runs mid 12s.

·
Registered
678 Posts
How much does the car weight? You can go high 11's with a stock long block making ~265RWHP if the car is light enough, the suspension works, and you can drive. On drag radials with a mediocre driver its probably going to take a lot more...like 300+

·
Registered
979 Posts
F8tl gt is in the 260ish range and running Mid 12's. It has a lot to do with weight, suspension, and tires, more than just raw hp. What are your goals for the car? If you are not trying to really lighten it up and set the suspension up right, and just want to throw power and sticky tires at it then you will need well into the 300's maybe low 400's.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My car is low 12 second capable (12.3ish) with 266rwhp. I just have to get back out to the track.

I have no doubt that with 290rwhp, I can run a 11.99 or better.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
With good suspension mods, sticky tires and a good driver your going to need 400+rwhp to be able to do it for sure. Ive seen people do it with much less but you would have to perform weight reduction mods on your car.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
With good suspension mods, sticky tires and a good driver your going to need 400+rwhp to be able to do it for sure. Ive seen people do it with much less but you would have to perform weight reduction mods on your car.
If it took 400+ rwhp for me to run 11.9 in a full weight car, I'd drive it off a cliff.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If it took 400+ rwhp for me to run 11.9 in a full weight car, I'd drive it off a cliff.
On a full weight car its going to take you 400 more or less. Unless you have very good suspension modification and weight reduction on your car dont expect to hit 11.9 with what you have.

My car has 450rwhp and I have only been able to do a 12.4 @ 117 with 2.3 60ft times I believe. The mph is for and 11 second car, just need traction. Even with that, Im not low 11s, my car is still a high 11s car. Look at all the modifications my car has and it is still not that easy. Again, alot of things come into play here, you need alot of suspension modifications to hit 11.9 with 266hp

·
Registered
678 Posts
Actually the suspension set up on that car was pretty run of the mill.
D&D tubular k-member
Tubular foxbody a-arms
130 lb 14" coilovers
Strange adjustable struts
Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
Steeda upper and lower control arms (adjustable uppers)
QA1 adjustable rear shocks
Slicks go a long way and the guy is a hell of a driver.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
On a full weight car its going to take you 400 more or less. Unless you have very good suspension modification and weight reduction on your car dont expect to hit 11.9 with what you have.

My car has 450rwhp and I have only been able to do a 12.4 @ 117 with 2.3 60ft times I believe. The mph is for and 11 second car, just need traction. Even with that, Im not low 11s, my car is still a high 11s car. Look at all the modifications my car has and it is still not that easy. Again, alot of things come into play here, you need alot of suspension modifications to hit 11.9 with 266hp
Hate to burst your bubble, but if you've got 450rwhp, and would run side by side with me at the track, you're the one who needs to be working on your car. I have a stock engine with just bolt-ons. I don't expect to hit 11.99 with my current horsepower levels, but I guarantee I can do it with 300rwhp.

And yes, I have a hell of a suspension and a hell of a driver. Just because you didn't build your car correctly to run good times doesn't mean I can't do it.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
11.94 @111.6 with a 1.55 60ft 2900 lbs
2900 lbs, this means the car is gutted way more than most of us can tolerate. I like my A/C, airbags, crash bars etc. since I still drive on the street a lot.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but if you've got 450rwhp, and would run side by side with me at the track, you're the one who needs to be working on your car. I have a stock engine with just bolt-ons. I don't expect to hit 11.99 with my current horsepower levels, but I guarantee I can do it with 300rwhp.

And yes, I have a hell of a suspension and a hell of a driver. Just because you didn't build your car correctly to run good times doesn't mean I can't do it.
So your saying that with 34 rwhp more you can do a 11.9. How cam you gaurantee?

My car was a full autox car before I decided to turn it into a drag car. Your not bursting my bubble in any way. Now let me burst yours, you did 12.7 with a hell of a suspension running slicks with skinnies and as you say a hell of a driver. Now, my car did a 12.4 running Nitto Drag radials that dont do **** and doing 2.3 60ft. Logic tells me that if we both run on the same tires your the one that has to watch out.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
2900 lbs, this means the car is gutted way more than most of us can tolerate. I like my A/C, airbags, crash bars etc. since I still drive on the street a lot.
BINGO!! Cars that are gutted with no accessories and fast are no where near as cool or impresive as a car that is fast with all the options still. Some guys on here are kinda fast for their HP levels but there gutted cars that probably ride like wagons, no A/C, no tunes, and are loud as hell. Give me a low 12 second street car that you could actually take a girl out on a date in comfortably over a ragged out 11 second street car any day of the week.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
BINGO!! Cars that are gutted with no accessories and fast are no where near as cool or impresive as a car that is fast with all the options still. Some guys on here are kinda fast for their HP levels but there gutted cars that probably ride like wagons, no A/C, no tunes, and are loud as hell. Give me a low 12 second street car that you could actually take a girl out on a date in comfortably over a ragged out 11 second street car any day of the week.
Well my wife won't let me date but I'd drive my car coast to coast with no hesitation. :cool:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
my mustang has fox front springs, adj shocks, rear control arms adj agx, drag radials 4.10s and 31 spline. Im going to the track soon and id say in 270 all motor give or take and am gonna spray a 125 shot.

I plan to remove all seats but the driver, trunk has been gutted, if I get the cash for the manifold the abs is gone.

Id be totally happy at a 12.8

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
So your saying that with 34 rwhp more you can do a 11.9. How cam you gaurantee?

My car was a full autox car before I decided to turn it into a drag car. Your not bursting my bubble in any way. Now let me burst yours, you did 12.7 with a hell of a suspension running slicks with skinnies and as you say a hell of a driver. Now, my car did a 12.4 running Nitto Drag radials that dont do **** and doing 2.3 60ft. Logic tells me that if we both run on the same tires your the one that has to watch out.
I know I can, because I know what it will take for me to drop that much time.

I am on Nitto 555R's as well, and I was taking it easy because of my broken rear end (see my last thread)......and still cut a 1.8 60ft launching at 3600ish rpm. I typically launch at 5500ish. Next week at the track when I run around 12.4's on 555R's with 170 less horsepower, will you still say that?

Look around man, if you think it takes 400rwhp to run 11's, you're crazy. Hell, Ed was running 10's with 340rwhp through a 4R70W. If you put my suspension on Rabbit's or Mello's cars with 380rwhp, I could go mid 10's and they're both full weight cars.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts