Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 1999 Ford Mustang V6 and I was wondering how much the stock rods, crank, and pistons will be able to handle? I was planning to go with an M112 Supercharger kit with upgraded injectors, meth injection kit, bigger TB, CAI, and the SuperSixMotorsports forged cam. I plan on rebuilding with new pistons and new crank, but not new rods, the pistons are OE equivalent and honestly, the casting looks a bit better than the factory ones. Also if anyone has the M112 supercharger on their mustang tell me EVERYTHING lol, I'm curious on what people have run and how much HP they are making, I do plan to swap the rear end to the 8.8 with new clutches so that shouldn't be an issue. Also, does anyone know a good place to get forged rods that are not 1700$? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cast pistons are good for about 5000 rpm with 5 psi boost. If going over this invest in forged pistons with a compression ratio around 8:1. Get the best rods you can afford, have them trued and balanced. The crank should be fine, just have it machined and tolerances checked and balanced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Used to be a guy on a Mustang FB page that was making 300rwhp with stock internals for years. I do t have FB anymore so I can’t remember who it was. Using the M112 as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts