Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much hp/tq can a stock 351 windsor block hold? one of the fuel injected ones that came out of a bronco..

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
700 or so horsepower.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
700 or so horsepower.
Does it make a difference in the year? I thought I heard that the older blocks could handle more than the newer ones. I only ask because he said fuel injected so I'm assuming it is relatively new (late 80's at least).. that could also just be me remembering my chevy days of the 4 bolt to 2 bolt switch in 86, I think it was.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it make a difference in the year? I thought I heard that the older blocks could handle more than the newer ones. I only ask because he said fuel injected so I'm assuming it is relatively new (late 80's at least).. that could also just be me remembering my chevy days of the 4 bolt to 2 bolt switch in 86, I think it was.
yeah, i've been told the older ones have a higher nickel content, therefore they're stronger. that's why i specifically asked about the newer fuel injected ones. what about the older blocks? how much can they hold?

darrell, was your 408 or 418 (i don't remember what it was) a stock block or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I'm not real sure. I haven't used a newer block myself but a friend of mine has made 840 rear wheel horsepower with an F1R and 22 pounds of boost in his Lightning with a production 93 block. I think cap walk is more of an issue in the newer blocks.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Yall should know by know, nothing made "strong" anymore besides some of the aluminum blocks I've seen. You have to eithier have $50,000 to drop on the spot or you must have A+++++++ credit to even be able to finance for a car that's "strong". The fact that I now know a 351 can hold 700hp, I beleive I will get a 351w and start a build. Piss on the big block. I hope I can compete with the new 09 vettes coming out with there stock 650hp rating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts