Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just curious. also looking to get a few ideas for getting good power out of my motor with less than $3k. i want to do heads and cams for sure with an alum flywheel and intake. anything else? looking to do some of this with tax return

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
A good rule of thumb is 400hp is a good point to stop HP wise on the stock bottom end.

Heads and cams with the flywheel and intake... il say that will put you up in the 300 ish range.

Add maybe a 50shot of nos? Get a really nice tune and there you go.
3.73's are also a good idea. or if your staying N/A maybe some 4.10's

bought blower used for $1k. craigslist.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
if you're staying n/a you'll not make as much power as the engine can handle. with a blower, around 10-11 lbs of boost is about as much as you'd want. i ran 12 on a non pi motor for awhile but she let go lol.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The recommended range for the stock set up is between 400-450 rwhp depending on the tune and driving style. Some people have had 500rwhp cars that hold together for quite a while. Others blew up at 390 rwhp driving like retards.

The block is good to over 1000 hp
The stock crank is not recommended over 600-700 hp
The stock rods and pistons are crap and can't take more than about 400-450 hence the limit.

The heads don't flow well enough to approach the limit without a power adder, the n/a aftermarket is too expensive to make it work.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i want to stay n/a, and i would like to put a blower in with my pi heads and the other stuff. i wou;d lile to make 400rwhp at best but its not necessary. thanks for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts