Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my hands on a novi 1000 kit? really really really cheap... i was wondering with 8 pounds of boost about how much hp will my car be at... take at hand it is an auto.. but i have all the boltons.. its not intercooled and i have a power pipe.... so what should it do? and it has the stock draw thru valve. from what i been reading the draw thru has alot of problems sometime. should i get a blow thru? or should i be ok? i think should be ok since im not gonna be makeing that much power.. im shooting for right at 400 to the wheels. im gettin it tuned at strictly performance in houston.. they said i should be pretty damn close with the power pipe.. if i didnt have it i would only make about 375. and is there anything bad about the novi 1000 that i should know? i know paxton is pretty damn good... got a few freinds with the 2000 just none with the 1000..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
you definatly are not going to make 400 at the wheels through an auto with those mods. you'll probably see around 330 or so. Even if you could get those numbers, i definatly would not run that much power on your setup. Everyone always talks about the 400 whp being about as much as you can run on a stock engine...well those numbers are for a manual. Manual trannys have about a 12-14% drivetrain loss where as the auto has around 20% drivetrain loss. So 400 whp with a 13% drivetrain loss would be 452 crank hp...so that would be about 362 whp for an auto is a good safe max.

400 x 13% = 52 = 452 crank horse power
452 x 20% = 90.4 loss
452 - 90.4 = 361.6

Reason i say your kit wont get you those numbers is because its only 8 psi without intercooler, your gonna get some loss due to not cooling it down.

Jaxdawg just installed a P1SC with 2 core intercooler on his car, he is pushing about 350 whp through his auto.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok its 8 psi without a power pipe i have asked strictly and they said with the power pipe i should make about 10.. the guy i got it from had it on a stock gt and its an auto and at 8.5psi he was makeing 365 to the wheels.. i know for a fact power pipe adds 2-3 psi..

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and they said if i have to change to a smaller pulley to get the 10 psi we will when its on the dyno.. a friend of my that works up there had a vortec SQ-2.. without the after cooler or anything(most guys with vortec dont even worry about gettin it anyway) but he had a stock block and was running 13psi and make 430 to the wheels and he an auto... i mean the block was good and everything only thing that happened was i valve wouldnt close it was like froze open..lol..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts