Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been wondering what each stock engine can handle... cobra (n/a), the mach 1, and the terminators? (im sure u guys hear it all the time but in the near future ill be trading in my 2v for a 4v). a n/a cobra would be less expensive then the termi so i was wondering what that could handle instead of spending the money on a terminator ....if it was worth it to do so

thanks guys

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
The Mach and Cobra (N/A) are around 400-450. You don't want to go more than that and the only way you are going to get over 450 is with boost or juice. I doubt that with full bolt ons and an aggressive cam with head work will put you over 450rwhp. As for Termis I've not actually heard of anyone saying what their breaking point is. If you plan on a high hp application your best bet would be buying a N/A Cobra, forging the engine, and then putting the boost on.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Like Mach Boy said. Stock for stock the termi motor holds the most hands down. But built they can all handle a hell of alot. I personaly like the Mach's better than the 99-01 cobras, so my goal is a built, cammed and sprayed Mach. If you wanna make a huge amount of power without having to build a motor then get a termi.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There stock 03-04 termi's holding 700-800 rwhp...and yes that is with all stock internals and stock heads...:D

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
motor alone, no drivetrain considered, the mach, and 99/01 cobra motor's are safe to 400RWHP easy, you can go up to 450 relatively safe, and after that i would start expecting to buy a bottom end at any time.

03/04 cobra's with a twin screw a safe street tune to daily drive it would be 600-630RWHP after that you take a chance in a bad tank of gas. on a turbo car you could do 700RWHP on a DD without worrying too bad abot a bad tank.

then for high octane, the motor will take almost anything you can throw at it. they will handle 30PSI on a twin screw making 800RWHP, or high boost on a turbo making 900RWHP. takes a really good tune, good gas and all though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts