Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I dynoed my car before the mods and it had 245RWHP and 250RWTQ that was then....
and in Wyoming they dont have a dyno... so what should I be at by now?

I have BBK L/Ts, BBK o/r mid, accufab single blade TB, K&N FIPK Kit, & VMP tune...

Im assuming in the 260-275RWHP range...

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i would say that u have around 255 at the wheels.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
^could those mods really give that kind of gains on a small ford engine AT THE WHEELS???

·
Registered
663 Posts
Small Ford engine or not these motors take pretty damn well to modifications. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hitting near 290. His initial dyno seems sort of low.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Stock it's supposed to make a little over 250 at the wheels..:)

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
^could those mods really give that kind of gains on a small ford engine AT THE WHEELS???
you are aware the 03/04 cobra motor with a 99/01 intake on NA makes about 380BHP right? thats about 320RWHP.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
you are aware the 03/04 cobra motor with a 99/01 intake on NA makes about 380BHP right? thats about 320RWHP.
Wait...it makes 360rwhp with the SC... that would be a 40rwhp increase from the S/C... If the Terminator had the S/C taken off and replaced with a 99-01 intake, it should be between 310-325 bhp.. thats about 270 rwhp.. 380 rwhp n/a for a 4.6 4v is a lot N/A on any type of stock parts..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Im going to say 265rwhp tops. I wouldn't have gotten the throttle body all they do is screw things up. Maybe you will see a horse out of it who knows.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Wait...it makes 360rwhp with the SC... that would be a 40rwhp increase from the S/C... If the Terminator had the S/C taken off and replaced with a 99-01 intake, it should be between 310-325 bhp.. thats about 270 rwhp.. 380 rwhp n/a for a 4.6 4v is a lot N/A on any type of stock parts..
it has been done, and made 380hp on the engine dyno.

to start off with, its RATED at 390HP at the crank, it typically makes anywhere from 355-395RWHP in stock form, which is 420-465BHP. that SC probably needs 3PSI of the 8 it makes to overcome the power loss, so at about 9HP/PSI X5 thats 45HP the blower is adding. and that puts 380BHP on the bottom of the HP range. so 380BHP is perfectly logical. KB actually did one of the tests.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
it typically makes anywhere from 355-395RWHP in stock form, .
i know the eaton m112 series blower isnt always efficient but why do stock termi's vary so much? u know?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i know the eaton m112 series blower isnt always efficient but why do stock termi's vary so much? u know?
many things, head finish quality, motor work quality, conditions in which they were dyno'd.

i feel the 380RWHP is about normal for one to dyno, ive done 2 stock ones back to back in 70 degree weather, not too too humid, at about 100 feet elevation and thats aout where they were. my 03 the day it was dyno'd stock it was about 50 degrees, very low humidity, and same elevation, and it dyno'd 395RWHP. many people called BS, and said it was the conditions, but it also proved later to be a strong above ordinary runner.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
many things, head finish quality, motor work quality, conditions in which they were dyno'd.

i feel the 380RWHP is about normal for one to dyno, ive done 2 stock ones back to back in 70 degree weather, not too too humid, at about 100 feet elevation and thats aout where they were. my 03 the day it was dyno'd stock it was about 50 degrees, very low humidity, and same elevation, and it dyno'd 395RWHP. many people called BS, and said it was the conditions, but it also proved later to be a strong above ordinary runner.

BS! IT was the conditions.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
my 03 the day it was dyno'd stock it was about 50 degrees, very low humidity, and same elevation, and it dyno'd 395RWHP. .
if thats 100% true, thats awesome!

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Small Ford engine or not these motors take pretty damn well to modifications. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hitting near 290. His initial dyno seems sort of low.
My thoughts exactly.

Chris, my stock dyno was about 16hp/tq above the numbers you gave. After a mild tune I gained another 10hp.

Depending on how you get your car tuned, I'd think nothing but the 275-300 range for your car, to the ground. And with your 4.10's and a good driver mod (and some sticker rubber) I can see you going low 13's no prob.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
BS! IT was the conditions.
they can dyno high because of the car, there have been a few factory freaks out there, a few reports of well over 400RWHP stock in the same conditions.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
plus the dyno was in greeley CO in high elevation

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My thoughts exactly.

Chris, my stock dyno was about 16hp/tq above the numbers you gave. After a mild tune I gained another 10hp.

Depending on how you get your car tuned, I'd think nothing but the 275-300 range for your car, to the ground. And with your 4.10's and a good driver mod (and some sticker rubber) I can see you going low 13's no prob.
your at sea level n I'm higher up where the air is thinner...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts