Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
the weaklink is the input shaft but with a 26spline input shaft it should hold over 600whp. the stock 10spline input shaft will twist with hard launches and big torque.. anything over 500whp/fts of torque and a set of slicks would scare me with the 10 spline input shaft.

·
Registered
530 Posts
depends on driving style. I have 500 to the wheels and mine is holding up fine. I have cheap tires and they break loose very easy. If i was at the track on dr or slicks every week im sure id be busting them up. I think they hold up pretty well.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Its rated for 360tq (at the motor) I think thats whats the synchros are rated for?? Not 100% sure

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Its rated for 360tq (at the motor) I think thats whats the synchros are rated for?? Not 100% sure
thats what the factory says. they always underate everything... the 3650 is a very strong transmission.. just as strong as a t56. as long as the clutch is setup properly they will last. they dont like to be powershifter tho.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
:yes

TR= tremec of course

36= x10 for torque rating

5= 5 speed of crouse

0= design rev

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
thats what the factory says. they always underate everything... the 3650 is a very strong transmission.. just as strong as a t56. as long as the clutch is setup properly they will last. they dont like to be powershifter tho.
the friction lining in a stock 3650 on the blocker rings is junk, a lot of power and they wont slow down the next gear for a proper shift. Thats why upgraded blocker rings have carbon lining

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
the friction lining in a stock 3650 on the blocker rings is junk, a lot of power and they wont slow down the next gear for a proper shift. Thats why upgraded blocker rings have carbon lining
thats why they cant be powershifted LOL..

Offtopic... F8L did you finish the face plated 3650?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
thats why they cant be powershifted LOL..

Offtopic... F8L did you finish the face plated 3650?
Everything is getting assembled this weekend to check for clearance issues then it can be taken apart and heat treated along with the shift forks getting sent out of hard coat anodizing

they can't even be normally shifted!

lol apparently mine are worn out too
Mine too lol

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
thats awesome. bro.. i passed by promotion the other day.. yesterday actually, and they had a faceplated TKO600 there ready to go.. 3200 bucks =/ i was about to cry because i wanted it so bad. i think that next year im getting a faceplated tko600. i cant wait any longer.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
once this one goes it will be a TKO500 for me

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So 450WTQ on DR's i should have no worries if i dont go to the track all the time? And being Nitrous'd i wont be @ 450WTQ a lot anyways

1 - 16 of 16 Posts