Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MUCH WILL A STOCK CLUTCH HOLD WITH MODS.I HAVE CAMS LT CATLESS X PIPE CAI CUSTOM TUNE LOWER CONTROL ARMS AND DRAG RADIALS ON A 10 GT CAR HAS 15,000 MILES

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
SO I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MUCH WILL A STOCK CLUTCH HOLD WITH MODS.I HAVE CAMS LT CATLESS X PIPE CAI CUSTOM TUNE LOWER CONTROL ARMS AND DRAG RADIALS ON A 10 GT CAR HAS 15,000 MILES
Seriously why the caps? This isn't the Corral. We can read complete coherant sentances and standard capitalization and spelling (as I make spelling errors on my phones keyboard =/) with some sense of grammar. We also ask that you use the search function prior to creating new threads as a simple and courteous request to the tech already on these forums posted by those of us who take the time to post tech.

To answer your question, it should hold fine at your power levels but how long compared to stock levels is too subjective to give a mileage count.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Rule of thumb is why replace t if it's not bad. But as said above, should have no problems with your mods. As long as you know how to drive

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Me on the other hand don't know how to drive stick so I'm starting my clutch job today after I get out of work.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It should hold up for a while. I was on the stock clutch with over 500+ rwhp for over 10 k miles

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously why the caps? This isn't the Corral. We can read complete coherant sentances and standard capitalization and spelling (as I make spelling errors on my phones keyboard =/) with some sense of grammar. We also ask that you use the search function prior to creating new threads as a simple and courteous request to the tech already on these forums posted by those of us who take the time to post tech.

To answer your question, it should hold fine at your power levels but how long compared to stock levels is too subjective to give a mileage count.
Sorry i am not up to your grammar standards. Don't have to be a ass

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
not quite as many mods at the time, but i had most of the suspension done, a jlt cai, & tune. i was using 26x10.5 mt et streets and dumping the stock clutch at 5k-5500 rpms. never missed a beat. also my stock 3650 w/ the stock fluid and steeda tri-axe was smooth as could be when power shifting at 6-7k rpms

also as whiskey said don't type w/ the caps lock on. i'm actually pretty suprised anyone is even helping when you come off yelling at everyone. in case you don't know caps lock is yelling on the internet.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Sorry i am not up to your grammar standards. Don't have to be a ass
And you don't have to post like a retard. Whiskey was plenty nice to you, explaining how to post on the internet.

Your clutch should be ok. Some people are lucky, and some people aren't though.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You really shouldnt come on this forum with an attitude. There are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful individuals on here who are more than happy to answer your questions, but if you act like a dick you wont get the answers your looking for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am sorry was not trying to be a dick i misunderstood i thought he was coming of with a attitude with me i did not mean to offend any one or have a attitude i just had some clutch questions

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
i am sorry was not trying to be a dick i misunderstood i thought he was coming of with a attitude with me i did not mean to offend any one or have a attitude i just had some clutch questions
In your defense (yup I am defending you :) ) I am not known to pussyfoot around with information and tend to be very blunt when it comes to stuff. I meant it with sincerity but it never comes accross as such and to be honest I don't want it to come across as light handed. I would rather you get the point I am trying to convey than miss it entirely. This is the tech section of our forums and I would like to keep it that way and part of that is posts with an attempt at proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. It helps us help you when we don't have to spend 5 minutes deciphering the code, so to speak! :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
80k Miles on my 2006. Bought the car with a 75 shot installed, I've since ran around 10 bottles ranging from 125, 100, 75 shot through the car. No clue how many times the car had been sprayed before I purchased it. Clutch still going strong. Release point is at the end of the pedal tho. Chirped 3rd on the way to work tho. Guessing it's still got some life left in it.

Dig Runs I usually 2.5k rpm drop it tho. Don't really ride the clutch much. From what I've put mine through they hold up fairly well.

·
4,253 Posts
Oh, fun. Can I play?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

YOUR STOCK CLUTCH WILL START TO SLIP BEYOND ABOUT 450 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, new guy.

We harass all the new folks, so don't take it personally. Stick around, this is one of my favorite Mustang sites, and there is a great knowledge base here.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
this is an awesome site as others have said. i am on here and one other one but always come here for questions. welcome to the site and have fun here. it will consume what time you dont spend in or on your mustang lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
Since you are on drag radials, it'll probably last awhile. I'd just drive it till it starts slipping unless you just want to upgrade anyway. If you ever put slicks on it, I don't think it will last too long.

·
Registered
789 Posts
isn't it torque, not horsepower, that will affect the clutch? I know that horsepower is only a byproduct of torque, but like in my situation where my torque is far lower than my horsepower, the 450 wheel wouldn't max out my clutch seeing as im barley at 400rwtq.

·
4,253 Posts
isn't it torque, not horsepower, that will affect the clutch? I know that horsepower is only a byproduct of torque, but like in my situation where my torque is far lower than my horsepower, the 450 wheel wouldn't max out my clutch seeing as im barley at 400rwtq.
That 450 is ballpark...my stocker was OK for a while when I added my TVS (like 3 months) and then it got toasted one day when it was cool out and I floored it in third...all that torque just plain over-powered the little stocker and it made the magic smoke and glazed itself. It was never the same.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Well now your scaring me lol. Im not at the point of maxing out my clutch right? Im making far less torque then you were with a tvs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts