Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be upgrading the fuel system soon on my Mach to be able to run E85. Below is a list of my plan (only things left to buy are the fuel line, fittings, and filter) and a couple other things I'm now considering after talking with the shop and tuner.

03/04 cobra tank
03/04 cobra stock fuel hat
2 GT Supercar (Walbro F10000302) improved E85 pumps
KB 40amp BAP
Modified FPDM
-8 PTFE feed line
some kind of 10 micron stainless fuel filter
stock fuel rails
80lb injectors

The shop recommends getting some better upgraded parts now so that it is easier to convert to return style, and so I'm not paying for the same labor twice, once I build the motor in the future sometime.

They recommend:
Fore Returnless dual pump fuel hat (can be used in return style as it has a port for the return line)
-10 PTFE FEED LINE

I understand the point of doing the Fore hat now if I want to go return style in the future. Is there any benefit of using the Fore dual pump hat over the stock cobra hat in a returnless setup? Is a -10 feed line overkill on a returnless setup? Does a -10 support a lot more than a -8 and is there a duty cycle difference say on a 500rwhp unlocked auto car (~550rwhp stick equivalent).

·
Registered
319 Posts
I can't speak for the e85 but i am running those pumps with the fore hat. Returnless. My car is at 630rwhp and i did not need the BAP plus stock feed line and stock filter. I forgot what the duty cycle was but my tuner said it all looked good.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
-8 will support all you would need. The GT super car pumps can be ran full time when swapping to return setup. A fitting can be installed to a 03-04 cobra hat for a return line. Sounds like they want your money.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
You got enough to get you somewhere around 750....Ive been running -8an for along time without any fear of running out of fuel.. 8AN will support twin turbo 4V power 1000RWHP + so i wouldn't worry about it at all.... You may need to bump the fuel pressure once you start getting over 700rWHP since you only have 2 pumps but they will make it.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Those pumps tap out on pump gas around 750. You'll be lucky to get mid 500s with e85 honestly before maxing them out

Edit: not sure with the bap. But I don't like putting faith in another component that could fail

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. So it seems like it will handle 500+rwhp through an auto right now. The shops concern is that once I do a built motor I'll have to redo the fuel system as it probably won't be enough once I up the boost. Tuner says I'll have enough with a bit of room. So if I do the Fore hat and - 8 feed line would that give alot more room? I'm not looking to make a ton more power once I need to build the motor. Probably no more than 650whp on E85. I'd upgrade the blower to an Si and toss a 2.87 pulley on it or larger crank pulley. I want to keep the car a fun full weight street car.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-8 will support all you would need. The GT super car pumps can be ran full time when swapping to return setup. A fitting can be installed to a 03-04 cobra hat for a return line. Sounds like they want your money.
No. I've been using this shop for 10 years. Better labor pricing than anyone else in the area. I'm on a 3 month waiting list. Some winter projects need to get out the door before mine. It's a one man shop and he's just looking out so that I don't have to do things twice.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You got enough to get you somewhere around 750....Ive been running -8an for along time without any fear of running out of fuel.. 8AN will support twin turbo 4V power 1000RWHP + so i wouldn't worry about it at all.... You may need to bump the fuel pressure once you start getting over 700rWHP since you only have 2 pumps but they will make it.
Are the hp numbers you're referring to on E85 or 93?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was running e85 and 80lb injectors in this thread. I had twin 255lph pumps with a bap and ran my base fuel pressure at 60psi. It was 2013 when I swapped out the 80lb injectors for 1000cc or 95lb injectors.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/96-04/237306-2v-mustang-runs-nines.html
Nice! No dyno numbers? I noticed it says according to a calculator you were making 767rwhp? Are there any issues with running the base pressure higher? Does it just work the injectors and pumps harder? My raceweight is also around 3500lbs. I'm hoping in the future when I build the motor I can possibly dip into the 9's with low 600rwhp #'s.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
No. Last time car was on a dyno was 2009. it had made 656rwhp with a c4 transmission with 20psi. Car trapped 114mph in the 1/8 running 18psi. GM runs the base fuel pressure at 58psi stock. We all use the same injectors. I ran the 95injectors at 60psi also. I now have bosch 210lb or 2200cc injectors and run them at 43psi. I will never run out of fuel with these. They are high impedance and cost about $600. I can make my car idle at 800rpm with no issues. I havent tried any lower than that. This was my modified cobra hat I ran until I swapped to a sumped tank with external pumps which were twin bosch 044.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts