Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering how much HP is possible with the 3V while still leaving it NA. No nitrous, water methanol injection, or anything like that either.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm just wondering how much HP is possible with the 3V while still leaving it NA. No nitrous, water methanol injection, or anything like that either.

I think upper 300s to the wheels.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking, but a stroker kit can add a ton of power, close to 400. with the right tune, heads, cams, full exhaust, etc. i would think maybe close to 450? or would that be stretching it a bit much? The Saleen Parnelli Jones puts out 400hp to the crank. But it is only 302cu in. I have seen a 322 stroker kit for the 05+ stangs. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have seen up to 400 RWHP with the stock 281 CI displacement on the 3V from a shop down in Florida. That particular tune and setup isn't very street friendly, but the 380 RWHP mark seems to be where it's at for a combination of good power and manners. With a stroker, I am sure the power would go up commensurately.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good. Once I graduate from WyoTech and start making some money, my plan is to find out what the limits are for the 3V.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree, but why not build the engine, then put forced induction on it? lol. that would make for one mean mustang.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.