Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my 2001 kenne bell GT back after I blew the engine twice. The second time was due to debri being left within the supercharger. I'm guessing at how powerful it should be at 9lbs of boost. It has all the mods below.

Forged MMR 4.75 stroker motor (9.1 compression)
Stage 2 MMR ported and polished heads
Stage 2 Comp cams (XE270AH) with springs
Kenne bell [email protected] 9lbs
Full exhaust and off road X pipe (Shorty headers)

My bud drives a 390 AWHP evo 8 and thinks he can take me from a dig and roll. A dig...yeah probably (Unless I had slicks) but I think his ass would be mines from a roll if his AWD advantage is neutralized. I'm still taking it easy as the motor is still in it's break in period. I only have about 1050 miles on it for now. I'll have it dyno'd when I get some more miles on the motor but how much power would you guess i'd be sitting on at the crank?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
With those heads and cams you should be 390-410ish at 9#s. Those cars are quick man. You may not even be able to take him with a roll. If i were you since you have a built motor now, throw a smaller pulley on that bad boy and go to at least 12 lbs of boost. 9 is weak sauce. Lol

·
Registered
950 Posts
i think you will be around 450-460 with your heads and cams. i think you will take him for sure. when i was at 6psi i dynoed at 410rwhp with some cams..

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
With those heads and cams you should be 390-410ish at 9#s. Those cars are quick man. You may not even be able to take him with a roll. If i were you since you have a built motor now, throw a smaller pulley on that bad boy and go to at least 12 lbs of boost. 9 is weak sauce. Lol
What? A 9psi KB 2.1 on stock heads and cams will make 390-410rwhp.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You should be 460-480rwhp with those mods. That's about 540-560 hp at the motor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i'm hoping to finally shut my buddy up. your right though 9lbs is weak..lol I'll eventually go to a 14 lb pulley but I need to get all the supporting fuel stuff first. The car sure feels strong but since I haven't been able to go full throttle yet I can't judge who's faster. I'm only on a drivability tune at the moment. I know my buds evo is lighter and the damn thing takes off like a rocket when he brake boosts it. It'll be interesting

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I am guessing around 430-440 to the tire. Just because you have a 9 psi pulley does not mean you will actually have 9 psi. I have 11 with the pulley. with ported heads/stroker/headers you might only make 8. As for the race I think it would be a drivers race. with the KB you still will be fighting traction issues if you mat the pedal in second and your buddy won't

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am guessing around 430-440 to the tire. Just because you have a 9 psi pulley does not mean you will actually have 9 psi. I have 11 with the pulley. with ported heads/stroker/headers you might only make 8. As for the race I think it would be a drivers race. with the KB you still will be fighting traction issues if you mat the pedal in second and your buddy won't
Its wierd man. I think i'll see more boost at full throttle because I see 8psi at 70% Throttle now and as far as drivers race. That wont be to difficult for me. My tranny is a built 4r70w with a 2500 stall. I forgot to mention that. which means my numbers will be a bit lower than the manual guys

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Probably 500+ at the crank. 400+ at the wheels

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
What's stopping you from raising the boost? Is the 1.7 limited to that much power?
You do have a forged motor....

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i would make sure it gets dyno tuned before i went out racing, if you aren't planning on it. i'd hate to see you get into motor #3. as far as power, i'm going to guess 434 hp, 430 lb/ft

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's stopping you from raising the boost? Is the 1.7 limited to that much power?
You do have a forged motor....
It's a 2.1 and yep the motor is forged. I just dont have a fuel pump powerful enough to support more than what i'm running. I will after my deployment.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would make sure it gets dyno tuned before i went out racing, if you aren't planning on it. i'd hate to see you get into motor #3. as far as power, i'm going to guess 434 hp, 430 lb/ft
For sure man. This car stuffs putting a hurting on my pockets. No more $4000 mistakes for me...lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
You should make a trip to stl this spring with your friends

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
finish your fuel system and dyno it before racing. I would hate for you to run lean in a race and pop your motor.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
What's the fuel system?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
finish your fuel system and dyno it before racing. I would hate for you to run lean in a race and pop your motor.
I'm definitley treading carefully this time. I really cant afford any more problems with this car right now... literally.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the fuel system?
Uhhh yeah about that. Everything I have is what came with the KB kit so it's stock with a Boost A pump right now. Also 38 or 42 lb injectors. I'm pretty positive that full throttle will wreck **** at the moment. I want something simple that will supply enough fuel for 16lbs of boost. Any suggestions on a good pump? I was thinking the walbro high presdure 255lph with BAP should cut it... I think

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I would hope ATLEAST 420rwhp. If not, sell the KB and get a Vortech :D

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Get a Glenn's single 255 pump return system or fore innovations system. Best bets.

So u and friends come to stl or rolla?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts