Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buyin a used cowl hood and i found one for a good price but its a lift off, are they secure?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
depends how oftan u lift your hood... and its a pain in the ass to take off by yourself... i think its just worht the extra money to get a hinged hood

·
Registered
753 Posts
If u do use lift off hood.need a person on each side...I glued four sponges underneath to set it on roof ..but watch out for windy days....

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a Harwood lift off 4" cowl hood on my '89. Z clip quick fasteners to hold it down. I remove it between rounds everytime. It's been on the car for 4 years, no problems, no cracks and no damage. I put it on and take it off by myself (gotta watch the wind) it only weighs around 20 lbs. I wouldn't think twice about putting one on a street car where you only lift the hood once in awhile.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
What is that supposed to mean?
Means watch out for windy days with your hood on the roof. Have you ever seen the commercial where those half dressed pixies burn the kick stand off a motorcycle and made the bike fall? or the one where the pixies tape a background on the rear view mirror and when the old lady backs up, she hits a bike?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Ok I fixed it, yall can pm now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts