Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i am setting my car up this winter to do some drag raceing. all im doing is some bolt ons, Shocks rear controll arms 31 spline rear, and big n littles with a 26in slick. All my work buddies are saying im going to blow my **** up. I am only going to the track 3-5 times a year also.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Good for 360 ft lbs of torque. Id say your still on your stock clutch, it will slip before the input shaft breaks. All you gotta worry about is hitting synchros while banging gears. And remember, powershift that thing for good times.

Reactions: condor123

·
Registered
808 Posts
3rd gear synchro is a common problem and I have it. Sucks to try shifting at WOT and missing 3rd. Other than that its ok. Looking at a t-56 magnum or getting this 3650 faceplated.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Like stated above, your clutch will probably slip before the input shaft breaks. The shift forks and syncros suck pretty bad in these transmission but I don't think you'll have issues with your power levels and rare track visits. Especially if you are not showing any signs now. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nope. Drained the oil this last summer and it looked great. And shifts fine other than that 3rd gear crap at wot. Think Ive read somewhere guys use them at higher levels than I am at, but of course some ppl could tear up a tank so its all relative to who is behind the wheel. I see some ppl tearing these transmissions up at stock power levels. BUT, it depends whos paying thier bills as to how they treat their cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts