Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I did this to my car a while back. It's surprising how much oil this catches.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I tossed it all and went with breathers.
You need the extra vac/pressure when you boost, I've heard bad things happen with boost and breathers...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was just browsing the how to's and came across this sticky. I think I wanna do this to my car because it seems simple and functional, especially for a daily driver. I was just wondering if there is any reason why you couldn't just install the separator in-line; meaning just cut the OEM PCV hose and connect the separator with 3/8" adapters? Wouldn't this just eliminate the need for extra vacuum hose and clean up the install a bit or am I missing something?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The OEM PCV on the driver side is pretty hard. Mine wouldn't bend much. Also, if they're still original, they're probably pretty dry-rotted by now. You don't have to use as much hose as I did, you can route it however you want. Just make sure you use fuel line. The vacuum line I got for mine kept collapsing under the engine's vacuum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is there a specific brand of fuel hose that is recommended to buy? I've been thinking about doing this for a long time but never have.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Can I use a clear line to the filter? To see the oil
I'm in class right now I know what imma spend my left over cash on today ;)

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Wait this wont have negative effects on my turbo is it?

03cristian

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Is there a specific brand of fuel hose that is recommended to buy? I've been thinking about doing this for a long time but never have.
use some PCV hose from your local auto store. PCV hose is treated to tolerate oil, other hoses are not and the rubber will deteriorate over time and begin to fall apart
Can I use a clear line to the filter? To see the oil
I'm in class right now I know what imma spend my left over cash on today ;)

03cristian
no, see above post
Wait this wont have negative effects on my turbo is it?

03cristian
no

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
use some PCV hose from your local auto store. PCV hose is treated to tolerate oil, other hoses are not and the rubber will deteriorate over time and begin to fall apart

no, see above post

no
Thanks

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Nice, looks clean. I'm interested in seeing how much oil these things trap. How much hose did you use? Was it just PCV hosing like Reaper_88 suggested?
Yeah, went to oreilly's bought it, guy gave me some hose, went home, this filter already came with house fittings for both ends chose the 3/8 fitting screwed them in put the filter in the right way, put hoses on, looked at it for 10min, than took it off went back to stock, for some reason I don't like it lol

03cristian

41 - 54 of 54 Posts