Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a mini tune up on my car tomorrow. Does anyone have an easy way to change the plugs and belt? Ultra noob mechanic here lol

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
pull the coil packs off (think its like an 8mm bolt) and then blow compressed air down there if you can...then just pull the plug...

as for the serp belt, just get a 3/8" ratchet and stick it in the tensioner...turn it whichever way loosens the belt and pull the thing off...then reroute the belt around all but one pulley and then pull the tensioner again with the ratchet and slip the belt on the last pulley

·
Registered
594 Posts
^What he said. Plugs took me about 2 hours as I wasn't in a hurry and was being safe and slow.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
Definitely use anti-seize. Don't over torque or you'll be sorry. I torque mine to 15 ft-lbs (I'm n/a)

·
Registered
277 Posts
It looks much harder than it is. I did my 2000 Gt in about an hour and a half. I pulled the the intake stuff from the TB to open up that side. I never needed a swivel...same extension worked for me on every one. I unplugged injector wiring on some to make it easier. As mentioned....blow out each spark plug well before you pull the plug(s). Check the gap on your new plugs. Mine were all at .46 out of the box.....which was not correct. I like a dab of anti-seize, don't over do it though if you use some. On my 98 Gt I had replaced the intake with a Dorman, and had to grind the intake a little to get the spark plug socket in on #3 and #4. Don't know if they are all like that or not...(Dorman).

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts